Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 PM

Default \"Evaluate my play\" or \"Bloody overcards\"

Pacific 5c/10c 9-handed

Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, folded to button who <font color="red">3-bets</font>, blinds fold, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, all call.

Flop comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players). UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to Button who <font color="red">bets</font>, Hero folds.

Villain seems a little laggy, saw him try to bluff a river once in ~2 orbits, and a bunch of typical microlimit stuff.

Would appreciate comments on all streets - pf cap ok? Turn bet in pf 3-bet just spewing chips? Fold seems pretty straightforward, but rip me a new one if that was wrong too.

Redd
Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 PM

Default Re: \"Evaluate my play\" or \"Bloody overcards\"

Maybe if you were heads-up, you could see the river for one more bet and then check-fold unimproved, but the presence of a third player all but assures you that you're behind -- even if the flop raiser is a complete whackjob.

On the turn, you have at best six outs (if the turn gave you a gutshot, you'd have every right to see the river for one bet, as you're easily getting odds to call). If AQ or KQ is out there (not a reach), you have three outs. If a club draw is out there, four. You could also be drawing dead. The pot is big, but you have almost no chance of winning this hand. Fold the turn to a bet.

I don't cap AKo before the flop unless I'm heads up with a maniac. I'll three-bet it to thin the field, but against another 3-bettor, I'm not liking my hand as much as I did when I saw my cards (against any reasonable player, you're almost assuredly up against a big pair), but I'm certainly not folding here either. With a PF three-bet, you have to respect that you could be drawing superthin (against AA or KK, you're really stepping in it).

Also, by capping the flop, you pretty much have to bet out the flop no matter what falls, and you're out of position. Then, you set yourself up for a raise, and with your unimproved AK you really don't want that.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:56 PM

I would not cap pre-flop. Other than that, it looks fine to me.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:25 AM

I think a cap is okay if you're suited, but when unsuited calling the 3-bet is better.