Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Telephone headsets

I work from a home office, so choice of office equipment is completely up to me. The speakerphone on my phone completely blows, plus I don't like speakerphones anyway, so I went out and got a headset for long calls and so I can still use my computer without permanently fubar-ing my neck holding the phone to my shoulder. Anyway, I thought this was all good and dandy because nobody ever complained about the sound quality, but apparently it blows, as my boss finally just told me.

Can anybody recommend a good phone headset for me? The one I have now is a cheap-ish Plantronics and I can't ever find anything other than the crappy ones that hook up to your cell phone clipped to your belt or something. I'd like a legitimate office-worker type headset. I heard Plantronics was a good brand, but I guess I just went too cheap. I don't want a huge expensive one, because I'm not completely sure the company wants to pay for it, so keep it on the affordable end.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Telephone headsets

If you search for "telephone headsets" on Amazon, a bunch come up. Believe it or not, people actually take the time to rate telephone headsets there so those might help.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:30 PM

Are you plugging it in to the standard jack on the phone or are you using one of those big 2 prong plugs (found on business phones)? The sound difference is substantially different.

Also, the cordless headsets I've used are awful and you lose a lot of clarity. The middle/higher end Planronics are pretty good in my experience.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:32 PM

Plantronics makes the best headsets. This is part of what I do for a living and I have seen some really crappy ones out there. They are the most comfortable and durable outta the bunch.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:38 PM

It's plugged into a standard, one prong, headphone-looking (but smaller diameter) plug.