Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2004, 04:16 PM

Default Weak Tight

Played this hand on Pokerroom 200 NL

Three limpers to me and I get K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO and make my standard opening raise to 7 all limpers call. I have about $250 and everyone else is between 150-200

Flop comes: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

It is checked around to me and I check behind thinking this is just about the worst possible flop for me with an over card and three to the flush on the board.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Checks around again

River T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checks around again.

My thinking for checking all the way through was that I would only get called by a hand that beat me and I would get sick to my stomach if I bet the flop or turn and somebody check raised me but I am still not really happy with how I played it. I feel like maybe I should have bet the flop and slowed down if I got called to charge people who only had one [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in their hand to see the next card.

I will post results when I get a few responses.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Weak Tight

consider yourself lucky and bet the river

damnRiver
Old 12-11-2004, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Weak Tight

I would put in a decent size bet not sure what was in the pot. I would have to guess your standard bet would be 4-6 times the BB. I would put in a pot size bet or as I would call it an information bet! This will let you know right were you stand in the hand because checking doesn't give you any information and the pot size bet should weed out all the weak draws!

Just my 2 zinc cents worth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]