Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Getting an expensive gift from a girl you don\'t want to date.

Ok, here’s the skinny,

My best friend had been in a relationship with a girl for about a year. Well it pretty much went no where, and about a month ago he talked to her and they mutually agreed to be friends, but the romance part was gone.

I think he made the mistake of not making a clean break, and they kept hanging out together throughout the last month. They work in the same building, so I guess that can make things more complicated.

Anyway – today she “borrowed” his rig to run some errands.

Turns out the whole running errands bit was a lie, and she actually had a nice stereo systems installed in his rig – probably a couple hundred bucks easy. IMO (and I think his too) not something you spend on …just a friend. He thought they were on the same page, but it would appear not.

What’s my friends move?? He doesn’t want a relationship with this girl beyond just friends, and doesn’t want to be a dick.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EDIT: I told him he shouldn't accept the gift, but he's not sure you can return a car stereo.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Getting an expensive gift from a girl you don\'t want to date.

maybe buy her an equally nice gift and then tell her you just want to be friends, but you are giving a nice gift anyways because you didn't want to feel like a jerk?

probably a bad idea. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2004, 07:42 PM

A girl who buys expensive gifts after you break up with her.... whats the problem? If it really is an issue send her my way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

cubs
Old 12-08-2004, 07:43 PM

I'd recommend he tells her exactly how he feels. He might get a different perspective after doing so. Who knows why she bought him the gift but why guess. Maybe she thought she owed him $200 or something. This doesn't seem to be too difficult to me.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, here’s the skinny,

My best friend had been in a relationship with a girl for about a year. Well it pretty much went no where, and about a month ago he talked to her and they mutually agreed to be friends, but the romance part was gone.

I think he made the mistake of not making a clean break, and they kept hanging out together throughout the last month. They work in the same building, so I guess that can make things more complicated.

Anyway – today she “borrowed” his rig to run some errands.

Turns out the whole running errands bit was a lie, and she actually had a nice stereo systems installed in his rig – probably a couple hundred bucks easy. IMO (and I think his too) not something you spend on …just a friend. He thought they were on the same page, but it would appear not.

What’s my friends move?? He doesn’t want a relationship with this girl beyond just friends, and doesn’t want to be a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get more, get all he can. Freaking girls do it all the time! It's not about being a dick it's about keeping a balance in the universe. It's his duty as a man and if he has to sleep with her every once in awhile to keep getting free [censored] then that's a sacrifice he's gonna have to make. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2004, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend he tells her exactly how he feels. He might get a different perspective after doing so. Who knows why she bought him the gift but why guess. Maybe she thought she owed him $200 or something. This doesn't seem to be too difficult to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this going to end up him being the dick by default, and her having hurt feelings, but there aren't alot of other options here.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:11 PM

OMG......... If the situation was reversed, females would totally let the guy buy her gifts and not think twice. Please let him enjoy this once in a lifetime situation.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:49 PM

"rig" haha
Old 12-08-2004, 08:52 PM

That's Pacific Northwest speak for - Isuza Trooper.

Forgive my dialiect. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2004, 09:26 PM

I thought it was isuzu [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I guess i was also mistakely thought rigs could only be actual trucks, and not silly SUV wannabe's [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].