Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which Bushism is your favorite?
'I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen, who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein.' 1 4.17%
'So thank you for reminding me of the importance of being a good Mom.' 0 0%
'They misunderestimated me.' 12 50.00%
'It Is White' (When Bush was asked by a brittish child what the white house was like) 6 25.00%
'As you know these are open forums, you are welcome to come and listen to what I say.' 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Default GameTimePlus or PlayerView

I'd read in the Books & Software forum that they were pretty similar, so I downloaded GameTime as it seems to be the easiest to install. It's awesome, an essential complement to PokerTracker.

Make sure you get it (or PlayerView), you won't regret it.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: GameTimePlus or PlayerView

ive only used playerview, but its da bomb, yo! ill proll check that other one out sometime. maybe ill use both at the same time and just totally dominate the scene.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:19 PM

I like playerview a lot more right now since it will automatically load the tables and it will work while I'm datamining as well whereas GT+ is lacking in both those fields.

I also like the customability of PV since you can move the numbers around and change the colors of each number.

I'm sure both will soon overlap with features in the future, but for now I think PV is way better.

On a side note, i find it funny that you gave such a biased intro to your poll. You typically don't want to keep such a biased opinion about an item if you really want to see what people think. Hopefully 2+2ers are smarter than that, but let's be honest, anyone may be swayed at least a little bit. I think PV should win right now regardless since it really has better features to date.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:27 PM

My poll is titled "Which do you use", not which do you prefer. I might check out PV though after what you've said though.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:44 PM

Default Error message

When I try and run PlayerView an error message always comes up. What can I do to fix the problem?
Old 12-07-2004, 06:45 PM

You missed one important line: "I use both". PV is about to add SnG-tourneys support but GT+ supports Cryptologic. I play both of these.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:01 PM

as i said in the books-software forum.

the gametime+ is working good enough for me and i was able to install it in less than a minute.
I tried for a couple hours to get playerview to work and couldn't do it for some reason.

I know that playerview has some groovy features...but the gametime+ is really all i need.
I've also read of some other bugs and slow-down problems with playerview and these seem to be less common with gametime+
Old 12-07-2004, 07:10 PM

Gametime for now, though if Playerview works out the kinks, I expect I'll be using that one eventually, because it's so flexible.

But for now, Playerview is too buggy for me, and causes machine slowdowns after a while. I constantly have anything that pops up over my screen(like a new table or those stupid tournament pop-ups that Empire and Party do) wiping out my numbers with Playerview, and I don't like that one bit. Along with occasional other bugs, it just seems like very much a work in progress to me -- though a very good work in progress. If they get it working right, I'd not only use it, but pay for it.

But by that time, GameTime may be closer in competitive features to it, too.

Viva le competition!

P.S. -- we poker players are damn lucky we have either of these programs, really, especially for free, as they are right now. I'm grateful for the work both developers are putting into getting valuable products out to us.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:25 PM

I currently use PlayerView. GameTime really slowed down my computer. Anyone else have that problem?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. -- we poker players are damn lucky we have either of these programs, really, especially for free, as they are right now. I'm grateful for the work both developers are putting into getting valuable products out to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto that.
As I said in B/S forum....if gametime+ ONLY showed VP and PFR I think it will still be worthwhile.
All the other things that they are doing to tweak it will just be add-on's and to what is already a very nice product.