Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 05:06 AM

Default MTT\'s - Party or Stars

I have not played any MTT's in several months as I have been mostly concentrating on ring game play at Empire. However I am planning on moving some of my bankroll over to another site for the sole purpose of playing MTT's. From what I can tell and past experience, Party and Stars have the best selection of MTT's with buy-ins from $20-$100. I prefer low buy-in NL MTT's ($20 or $30, maybe $50) and am wanting to know which site would be better, Party or Stars? From past experience it seemed that Stars tourneys were generally tougher, is this still the case? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Re: MTT\'s - Party or Stars

I think the consensus will be that Party is tougher, but Stars is hardly unbeatable.

I have accounts at both sites, just for the sake of convenience.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:46 AM

I think Sam is right in that it pays to have accounts at both sites.

Each site has different tourneys that I like to play, and they both have a good variety of buy in levels, although Stars has more $1 & $3 tourneys if you plan on sharpening your skills for next to nothing.

As for toughness, I honestly think at the higher levels they are about even, but I have been running better at Stars, but that could be variance. (or the fact that a player at Stars is more likely to fold to my bluffs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-07-2004, 12:20 PM

you should check out UB too.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:54 PM

stars is generally tougher, but the structure and selection there is far superior to party
Old 12-07-2004, 02:35 PM

UB now has BY FAR the best structure for small buyin tourneys-- 1500 stack 5-10 blinds 12 minute levels-- Beat that!!! Give UB a try seriously its pretty cool.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:49 PM

15min rounds is better, and i much prefer stars software. in fact, UBs software/network makes me want to puke.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:55 PM

I'd go with Stars - I like the interface better, and there's usually plenty of fish to build up your stack on. Top payout in the 11$ rebuy ($20k gt'd) is 8-10k...not a bad payout for 20-40$ or so, if that's your budget. 6-9 bucks can also win you a seat in the juicy $200 + 15 game or (atm) a seat in the main Atlantis Qualifier. Lots of good bargains if you're on a budget.

Can't say if it's better than PP, don't play there atm.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:59 PM

You guys are joking right?? Ub has easily the best interface. It is beyond question the fastest and I dont have too stare at a bunch of fotos of unshaven college kids or clever avatars...yuck. Um even with 15 minute levels UB has the slowest structure it isnt even close now beyond debate to be honest.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:04 PM

I don't think he's interested in the interface. It does get old to look at someone's pet/baby/ugly mug on 'Stars (probably 60% of the avatars you see are accnted for here),
but that's nitpicky.

Lots of fish in both the lower level tournies (1$-3$) and the early stages of all the tournies I've played there (up to the $11 RB), but plenty of solid players to challenge you in the late stages.