Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Those strange bad beats at Party

It is very strange the huge amount of bad beats you get in Party Poker. Some hands even runner runner break you. An in general the river is not your friend. I know you see much more hands on inet than in real games but these kinds of bad moves happen almost all the time. What do yo think about?

PD:Miracle cards appear sometimes but not too often like some internet sites.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Those strange bad beats at Party

[ QUOTE ]

And in general the river is not your friend.

but these kinds of bad moves happen almost all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is unlikely that the viewers of this forum are sophisticated enough to understand all of that statistical mumbo-jumbo you mention above.

The quality of the responses you get may not match the insightfulness of your observations.

Irieguy
Old 12-01-2004, 08:00 PM

As much as I'd like to think Party is rigged, I can't come up with any logical argument backed by statistically significant numbers to prove it. I usually think this after some joker calls my all-in AA with his K6s after no one hit anything on the flop. He needed either two diamonds, two kings, or two sixes on 4th and 5th streets and got the two sixes. Looking back at that hand, yeah it seems like (yet another) ridiculous bad beat, but you have to remember just because you're a 4:1 favorite doesn't mean you'll never lose. Until those bad beats happens to a person at least 200 times, he has very little chance of proving it's not just random bad luck. Stupid garbage like that happens all the time and if one of these times it pushes me over the edge to actually calculate if Party is rigged I'm going to have to say it's just bad luck. I'll let everyone know if it is rigged, but I doubt it.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:21 PM

Playing B&M you don't see these kind of miracle draw.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is very strange the huge amount of bad beats you get in Party Poker. Some hands even runner runner break you. An in general the river is not your friend. I know you see much more hands on inet than in real games but these kinds of bad moves happen almost all the time. What do yo think about?

[/ QUOTE ]

So Party Poker is out to get you specifically? If the river isn't your friend then whos friend is it? Have youever been on the other side of a suckout, and if so would you post about it here?
Old 12-01-2004, 08:33 PM

The river is not your friend because good players usually put their chips in with made hands and decent favorites, therefore the river will obviously help people still on the draw more often than it will help you (win).
Old 12-01-2004, 09:14 PM

I have had pocket aces 179 times on party poker, and they have got cracked every single time. I think it's just bad luck.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have had pocket aces 179 times on party poker, and they have got cracked every single time. I think it's just bad luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

as sarcastically as you may be trying to come off, maybe you need to change sites then. i hear you only suppossed to get pocket rockets every so 220 hands so if you've gotten chopped off at the kneecaps 179 times, that means you've played at least 40K hands. you must be pulling out the last of your receeding hairline. keep grinding, playa. better players win out in the long run.[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2004, 09:26 PM

Some people is misunderstanding this post.I am not all-in with 75o looking for a four of a kind !! i mean for example i have made my royal straight and one person is all-in i call and then with 2 runners he makes full house , or getting top pair and a river rat makes a set of deuces in the river, or cracking a set of flopped aces (AA+A in the flop) with runners etc. I win money playing Party but i think i should win more if these kind of miracle draw do not happen.

PD: I always try to protect my hand.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:33 PM

Here's my take on it.... Look at the limits you are playing. Risking 10, 20, even 30 is no big deal. These ppl are inundated with clips of crazy Gus Hansen aggressiveness 10 times a week and how he hits flops with crazy cards. And if you are playing SnGo's (which I am currently on hiatus from because of this very type of thinking) much more gambling has to take place to survive and get in the money. Blind structure does not allow for super tight play so ppl loosen up WAY too much and stab at everything. Sometimes they hit when you are ahead.

Next look at how many times you get called with total crap and they dont hit. Then see why you are a winning player. Because of those same bad calls that dont hit.

And Finally..... Doyle says flat out, "Better players see more bad beats because they are not afraid to get all their chips in the middle." So keep pushing em in. You're ahead now, you'll be farther ahead later.