Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Early Tournament Play Last Night - Who Likes it?

This is fairly early in a 20 dollar tourney on Stars last night. I have about 2100, Button has about 1800, blinds are 15 30. The hands I've seen from this player were his re-raise all in pre-flop with A 2 and beating JJ and a couple of other questionable calls.

Three limpers, he raises to 330. I have:

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB.

I re-raise all in. I was pretty comfortable with this decision, just seeing what everyone else thinks.

Peace

Goodie
Old 12-01-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Early Tournament Play Last Night - Who Likes it?

I like it, you most likely have the superior hand. Unless a limper was being super-tricky, you are making the right play. You can't fear that though, good instinct and good push.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:08 PM

I don't think it is a bad play, but from your read he is playing a lot of second best hands. That being the case, what do you think his chances of calling your all in are?

I'd think his chances of calling are slim, giving you no chance to get more of his chips. I'd call here, and work him for more chips through the hand.

Anyway, especially early in tournaments, I prefer to let my ability work in my favor, rather than throwing it all in and see what Lady Luck has to say...
Old 12-01-2004, 07:10 PM

Did you put the button on a steal? The blinds are pretty measly to steal at this stage of the tournament. I like your play if it is a resteal.

I question this play if you put the button on a strong hand. AKs is a strong drawing hand; however, it is a pretty thin edge to put 85% of your stack on the line this early on. I would wait for a bigger edge while the play is cheap.