Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Gonna Start Taking SNGs Seriously

First time, long time.

OK, now that that is out of the way... I'm going to start taking SNGs and my poker play seriously. I played in 12 SNGs today, 10 10+1's and 2 20+2's. Here is what I'm keeping track of:

Date, Time of Start, Time of Finish, # of Minutes Played, Game, and the result obviously.

Today my stats were 50% ITM (4 1's, 2 3's), and my ROI was 88.3% (that's $136 in "profit" over $154 in payments)...

I know the stats mean nothing after 12 SNGs, but is there anything else I should be keeping track of? Is it cool to vary between the 10+1's and the 20+2's, or should I just stick to one and build up enough tourneys to have some meaningful stats on them? Should I combine the stats between the 10's and the 20's?

Has anyone written a good excel spreadsheet to track this stuff? I would be interested in doing something with excel, or in developing a web app to do just that, but I'd like some advice on what I should be tracking, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Gonna Start Taking SNGs Seriously

http://www.tilthappens.com/files/2Plus2SNGV2.zip
Old 12-01-2004, 01:52 AM

This is awesome, thanks.

Perhaps it should be added to the FAQ draft?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:50 AM

There's another one here:

web page
Old 12-01-2004, 03:13 AM

Here is another slightly modified version of the SNG sheet which I have been using.

http://www.geocities.com/aleomagus

This sheet also has a separate 'MASTER' sheet which will complile separate results automatically and calculates some overall stats, overall profit, and other things

The Master sheet I am still tinkering with and I'll post it as soon as it is a little easier to use. For now, just use this sheet for each of your SNG buy-ins and eagerly await the Master sheet which will wrap them all together.

Regards
Brad S
Old 12-01-2004, 03:28 AM

Ok, I tried this to see if it would work, and it did once, but didn't a second time. Not being a web guy, I am going to assume this has something to do with either bandwidth, magical fairies, or the twilight zone.

Anyways, if anybody else manages to get this in the next while, let me know. Also, If anyone can find a better place for this, I'd also be glad to hear of it.

One other thing:

My sheet has the updated 'winning confidence'. The other sheet was using an aproximation which was not actually strictly correct. The old version gives a conservative estimate but it is actually higher. This is because the old version was calculating the prob that you were making $0 to 2xROI. A truly accurate winning confidence is from $0 to any positive ROI.

Regards
Brad S
Old 12-01-2004, 03:30 AM

Yet another point

My sheet has no values for Bankroll, cash outs, etc...

This is deliberate as this info is used in the Master sheet instead. You'll see.

Regards
Brad S
Old 12-01-2004, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's another one here:

web page

[/ QUOTE ]

hey thanks for this it's awesome! I just have one question, is there any way that you can make a running tally of your hourly rate? thanks again
Old 12-01-2004, 03:38 AM

Hi Brad,

I couldnt retrieve the page, for some reason. Is it ok on your end?

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:51 AM

yeah, If I rememebr correctly, we had this same problem when the V2 sheet was originally posted on geocities. I think that it will only allow so many megs of downloads per hour so I guess all I can say is try again in a while.

As I said, if anyone actually manages to get this and can put it somewhere more accessible, I'm all for that.

Regards
Brad S

Edit: I have now zipped the file so maybe this will mean a few more people will get it as it is 1/5 the size it used to be.