Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 10:45 AM

Default New to 2+2 and need help

My name's Steve, and I've taken up poker over the last couple years. About 2 years ago, I discovered Sklansky's book "Theory of Poker". That made a HUGE difference in my understanding of the game.

Just so you know my background, I'm 26 yrs old, with an extensive math, statistics and computer background. As such, I find many of the principles in poker extremely interesting. I have no trouble understanding most of the concepts I've heard, but I want to learn more and become an expert player. Simply by reading the hand analysis done by some members of this forum, I can see that this is an excellent place to learn.

To date, I've played all kind of games, but found that I really like the single and multi-player tournaments. I also seem to be a winning player by tournaments, but can barely beat the rake in some of the online ring games. I truly don't have enough data to back this up, but it's the feeling I'm getting from looking at my spreadsheet.

Anyway, in the coming weeks, I'll be asking a whole bunch of questions. Is there a FAQ lying around so that I don't ask stuff that has already been answered?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-28-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Re: New to 2+2 and need help

Hehe. It's right at the top of the forum.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1

It's kind of incomplete... maybe I'll help write a new one one day [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Re: New to 2+2 and need help

First off you should buy pokertracker, it is only 45 bucks and it will confirm or dismiss your analist of your play. ie ring vs. tournaments.

Myself, I have no problem beating SNG's and regular tournament play but I do have problems with ring often. The easy solution is to quit playing ring.