Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 01:43 PM

Default when burningyen met sally (NYC)

Last night on my way to the LES club I crossed paths with Meg Ryan strolling alone in the rain on a remote corner of SoHo. She looked great despite the unfortunate plastic surgery. As per local custom, I let her be.

Anyhow, seeing her must have been a good omen, because I won 3rd in the $150 buy-in MTT! I'm mostly a UB $10+1 SnG/MTT and $50NL player, so $870+ profit is a big score for me. This was only my 3rd MTT with a buy-in bigger than $40. If you've been to the LES club before you might be interested to know they experimented with a friendlier structure, with 2500 (vs. 2000) starting stacks, 25/25 initial blinds, and 20-minute levels. That was definitely more my speed as a UB player. I hope they keep using that structure. All told the tourney lasted about 3.5 hours, with 42 players. And they didn't carge a $15 vig this time, but I think that was just a holiday thing.

I was pretty proud of my play, for the most part. I'll post a few hands in the MTT section for comments.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: when burningyen met sally (NYC)

Congrats on the score! Too bad it was in the tournament and not with Meg Ryan...

I suck at NL and tournaments and will hopefully not get suckered into playing one there, but it sounds pretty well run. I have enjoyed the 4/8 at that place and found the game donktastically terrific.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:50 PM

My chances of winning the WSOP are slightly better than my chances with Meg Ryan. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2004, 07:30 PM

If you are a "Sally" fan, then you are in luck... she is staying at the Mercer Hotel . Just hang out in the lobby, she will show up. She does every day.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 04:30 AM

Well that explains it. Are you staying at the Mercer as well? If so, we're practically neighbors.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:20 AM

Nope.. thats where I have breakfast. I work next door.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]