Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2001, 12:53 AM

Default Should I raise in BB

Six table single buy tournament. Two tables left, T90,000 in play. I am in BB with T8,000. SB has about T12,000. Folded to SB who calls. I have J9 off. Should I raise. Have never played against player before, but seemed to be a solid player, and had raised him off a hand the round before.

Old 11-22-2001, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Should I raise in BB

how much r the blinds and payout structure?
Old 11-22-2001, 11:49 AM

Default Limit or No-Limit ?

Come on, I've said this before, if you want a sensible answer then give us all the information necessary. And how big are the blinds ?

Andy.
Old 11-22-2001, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Limit or No-Limit ?

Sorry> The rests of the story. No limit, blinds are T400-800.

Old 11-22-2001, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Should I raise in BB

OK, thanks. It really depends on your opponent as I'm sure you realise. Even if you haven't seen him play much you will have to make a judgement based on his appearence, table presence, demeanour, etc.

Normally if you think there is more than a 50% chance your opponent should fold, you should bet say 3000 to win the 3200. With any 2 cards ! However with 8000 (assuming you have 8000 after posting, 6400 if not) these chips are valuable and trying to bluff someone with a bigger stack is more risky.

If you're not sure how your opponent will react, and you have a hand, like this one, which is most probably behind if you raise and get called, there is a lot to be said for checking as you have position on the flop. But it really depends so much on your opponent it is difficult to give a definitive answer.

Andy.