Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Just played the tightest 10+1 ever.

This is the most insane thing. Once I got the chip lead I went all-in nearly every single hand. Here are my stats:
Total Hands: 125 Total Hands Won: 74
Won 4 of 8 at showdown and 70 uncontested pots.
I got first place after playing the final guy headsup for about 20 minutes. He played so tight. Folding nearly everytime, even after he would raise. Oftentimes I had nothing better than 7 or 8 high. He played tight the entire tournament and our entire time headsup, finally got frustrated and went all in with K6 vs my A6. What a crazy tourney. How unique is this? Has anyone else had similar experiences? Thanks
Old 11-20-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Just played the tightest 10+1 ever.

It was not a SNG but it was a small tourney on stars. The poker tracker people ran a freeroll for their customers with a cap at 54 players. I have NEVER seen a tighter more aggressive tourney. If I remember correctly I saw the flop 31 times and only lost 2 hands at the showdown the whole tourney while winning 25 or 26 hands w/o a showdown.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:36 PM

I have found that stars tournaments tend to be more tight than where I usually play @ Bugsy Club. Bugsy Club is usually very loose/aggressive and I was shocked to have dominated the table without ever being called. I wish it was that easy all the time.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:29 PM

You should play KotZ or the weekly 2+2 SnGs. I think we've gone through 2 levels without seeing a flop once.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:59 PM

Yeh, but how many people come together that often that understand tourney strategy that well? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]