Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Who\'s Been to Korea?

I will be there for 3 weeks in January for business. Has anyone been out there before? My personal situation is that I'm in my early 20's and single so I'm looking to have a good time, I'm not sure how busy I will be while I am there but I will have some time to myself.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Who\'s Been to Korea?

I was there a year while in the Army. It's a pretty fun place. Many bars, tons of knock off clothing, shoes etc to buy, and depending on how you feel about it many a good time to be purchased.

btw, just in case carry condoms.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:09 AM

I've lived in Seoul now for about 6 months. It's a great place to live and visit. Just let me know if you have any specific questions.
Malone
Old 11-19-2004, 02:28 AM

be sure to bring any shirts you don't want that have stuff written in English. Apparently it sells for mucho money in Asia.

-AA
Old 11-19-2004, 02:54 AM

They go crazy for UCLA shirts in Japan. Japanese tourists spend huge amounts of money for anything with UCLA written on it here. There might be some college that has that kind of resonance in Korea, who knows. Shirts with specific locations tied to them are always great. I remember when I first came to Calfornia from Hawaii, everyone was always offering to buy my t-shirts that had said anything about Hawaii on them at all.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They go crazy for UCLA shirts in Japan. Japanese tourists spend huge amounts of money for anything with UCLA written on it here. There might be some college that has that kind of resonance in Korea, who knows. Shirts with specific locations tied to them are always great. I remember when I first came to Calfornia from Hawaii, everyone was always offering to buy my t-shirts that had said anything about Hawaii on them at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf?
Old 11-19-2004, 03:27 AM

People just love t-shirts from other countries or what seem to them far away or exotic places. I doubt Koreans are any different than anyone else that way. A simple "exotic" t-shirt often makes a great gift. When I used to go visit my folks back in Hawaii on college breaks, I used to bring back Hawaiian themed junk to college and people went absolutely nuts for it.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:31 AM

Clothing they sell here has more English written on it than Korean, Japan is similar. No one will offer to buy the clothes off your back. I can go down to any market here and buy a UCLA jacket/t-shirt for 20 bucks. Also the malls here have many genuine Western stores (CK, Polo, Ralph Lauren, Abercrombie and Fitch, etc).
Old 11-19-2004, 03:35 AM

Guess it's different from Japan, then. At the UCLA student store, Japanese tourists would come and buy stacks of UCLA wear to take back home, but I haven't been in college for years. By now they can probably download licensed designs off the net and print them instantly in the farthest regions of Mongolia.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:06 AM

Japan is somewhat like that. I used to live in japan and you could sell your old jeans and clothes for a very nice price. and there were small stores that were basically stocked by someone taking a trip to the states, buying a bunch of clothes, and coming back and stocking their little store with stuff. so i can imagine the ucla giftshop thing, although i don't believe it's anything specific to ucla. i lived there about 5 years ago so things may have changed.

i've been to korea also, but very limited. and you can get a rolex a gucci bag and a polo sweater for the price of dinner [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] so i don't know why they'd wanna buy your crap [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]