Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 11:36 PM

Default NL tourney question

$540. buy in mid way thru tourney I have pocket queens I bet$500. preflop have one caller with the blinds at $50-$100.Flop come AQ3, I check he bets $1000. I call the turn is A, I check he goes all in with $4000. I call with $2000. left, river is 7. He show AK I win with Qs full. Please crtique this hand. Next game is single table satelite,2 of us left, he is very aggressive and I am afraid he will outplay me, we agree to save $100 as this was the buy in. I have Q7Ds, He raises preflop to $2000. I call, this is NL also. flop come Qs4d6D, I check he raise all in. I call allin with $1000. left. turn is 10d river is jds. he show pocket Qs. I win he is pissed at my luck I give him his $100. He says nothing. Please advise on my play.Thank you for any suggestions. Johnw
Old 10-16-2001, 09:00 AM

Default Re: NL tourney question

extra good luck both hands....played just right!
Old 10-16-2001, 11:31 PM

$540. buy in mid way thru tourney I have pocket queens I I think you played hand 1 fine. I might make it 350 or 400 to go but not a big deal. I'm surprised he just called with AK pre-flop.

On the 2nd hand it really depends on the blinds.

Ken Poklitar
Old 10-16-2001, 11:32 PM

Default Read this one

I think you played hand 1 fine. I might make it 350 or 400 to go but not a big deal. I'm surprised he just called with AK pre-flop.

On the 2nd hand it really depends on the blinds.

Ken Poklitar
Old 10-17-2001, 12:46 AM

I was afraid on the first hand that I might run him off if I bet big on flop so I checked, knowing that he could have had pocket AAs, just to see what his bet was. since it was not all in on flop I put him on AK. when he bet all in on turn I knew I had him if river didnt come King. On 2nd game the blinds were T$100 200. I never thought he had pocket Qs, never entered my mind. I thought maybe bigger pocket pair than Qs but once he went all in on flop I was hoping I would draw out on him, which I luckily did, but will this type play cost me money in long run? Thanks again Johnw
Old 10-17-2001, 11:58 AM

Not sure why you would call with 2/3 of your stack with Qxs. He raises from 200 to 2000. Seems like a simple fold.

Glad it worked out though [img]/images/smile.gif[/img]

Ken Poklitar