Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 03:21 AM

Default Fold a low flush draw with odds?

not good players at table except guy on button. he's weak/tight.

PP 200NL 6max 2/4 blinds

Me: 45[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:

all called to me, i complete, BB checks. family pot.

Flop: ($22)

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, EP bets 15, called by EP+1, CO minraises to $30, Button cold calls, I fold.

I figure i'm getting odds, but the implied odds here are huge for the guy with Ax[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] if i do flush up. no way i'm pushing so im going to have to deal with the huge possibility of poisioned outs. so i fold then, right?

fim
Old 11-18-2004, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Fold a low flush draw with odds?

I'd fold here. I'd hate to call and then hit my hand and lose to a bigger flush. Plus you arent even closing the action, so there could be a big re-raise behind you, which would force you to fold. No way do I even think about pushing here... it looks like there are some strong hands out there.

Sly
Old 11-18-2004, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Fold a low flush draw with odds?

If you hit the flush on the turn can you count on someone to bet again for you with just their pair or whatever? And what are stack sizes? I think I'd call if I'm pretty sure I can check-push on the turn. Especially if someone will call the check-push without a flush of their own.

If that's not the case, then chasing this flush is probably just a lot of variance without much or any EV. The fact that you can make your flush and still lose is a pretty big incentive for folding.