Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 03:46 PM

Default How do you guys meet up?

I saw a pot somewhere where Suchandsuch met-up with Someguy from 2+2 when he was at the Borgota in AC last Friday. I read it, and I was like, "I was at the Borgota last Friday!"

These guys may have been closer friends than just on the forums, but I was wondering if there is somekind of secret system for detecting other 2+2ers at the cardroom.

On the same topic, I will probably be playing 6-12 Hold'em at the Ameristar in St. Charles, MO tomorrow night if anyone wants to "meet up".

- Jason
Old 11-17-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Re: How do you guys meet up?

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I play at foxwoods pretty regularly, and I'd love to meet up with the foxwoods 2+2 gang sometime. Anyone who'd like to meetup sometime, toss me a PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw a pot somewhere where Suchandsuch met-up with Someguy from 2+2 when he was at the Borgota in AC last Friday. I read it, and I was like, "I was at the Borgota last Friday!"

These guys may have been closer friends than just on the forums, but I was wondering if there is somekind of secret system for detecting other 2+2ers at the cardroom.

On the same topic, I will probably be playing 6-12 Hold'em at the Ameristar in St. Charles, MO tomorrow night if anyone wants to "meet up".
- Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're on the right track.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:24 PM

Follow your nose. At least several days since last shower, and you have a virtual lock 2+2er.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Follow your nose. At least several days since last shower, and you have a virtual lock 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]
This condition may or may not be sufficient, but it's certainly not necessary.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:27 AM

last time I headed to Tunica, I posted my photo here and three or four 2+2ers stopped by.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:46 AM

I just told people what I look like and would be wearing. .
Old 11-18-2004, 10:53 AM

After sitting down at the table you can always use the question, "Does the brown trout sleep in the closet?" Although you may want to prepare yourself to feild questions and strange looks from those who have no idea what you're talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 01:48 PM

I've thought about the brown trout line a few times, but I just can't bring myself to look like such a fool at a live game. Of course, I've played 2 people so far that I thought were good enough to be serious 2+2ers in over 100 hours at Foxwoods up to 4/8. I almost used it on Greg Raymer when I saw him, but decided I didn't really have anything useful to say to him, and I'm sure he gets bothered constantly.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost used it on Greg Raymer when I saw him, but decided I didn't really have anything useful to say to him, and I'm sure he gets bothered constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you politeness is right on, but i also believe Mr. Raymer would be delighted to meet a fellow 2+2er.