Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 11:39 PM

Default I wish this were theoretical...

So you're playing a Stars $15+1 Turbo SnG, and the blinds are stuck on 10/20, and won't go up...ever.

How do you adjust your strategy?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Re: I wish this were theoretical...

Make sure the blinds are definately stuck.

Play stupidly tight for about an hour and then go all in every hand and if you lose email support for your money back because you had to go to bed.

Lori
Old 11-16-2004, 11:47 PM

Default Re: I wish this were theoretical...

Something very similar has happened to me once. 15 minutes or so at the 3rd level of an SNG (Edit: it was definitely more than 15 minutes, when I think about it now. 15 min are a lot at a turbo, though). There's actually not much difference, than what you'd normally do, I think, with the same blinds. It becomes pretty much like a ring game with the equivalent blinds. Although I'd say that in some particular situations (very small stack, for instance), some of your decisions might be different if you believe the blinds will stay the same for a long time (the problem is, you don't *know* it, you have to gamble a little here, and it becomes interesting).

It is not (essentially) very different from situations where one/more player/s is sitting out, for any reason, particularly when it's short-handed. Some of your decisions are based upon the fact he/she is not playing a specific hand. But other decisions should be made based upon the assumption this player might sit out for a long time, so you want to adjust yourself strategically for this.