Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Tupac

Those of you that hate him please explain why.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Tupac

Is he a rapper or something? Rap sucks.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:41 PM

1) His rhymes are not very creative (ex. how many times does he need to say something about his enemieeeeeees per album).

2) His style is repetative ( probably half of his songs are in the same tempo and cadence)

3) NOT REALLY A THUG ( perhaps this is my biggest, but Tupac to me is a huge faker. I mean, dude went to private art school growing up, wrote poetry, and was a freakin background dancer for god's sake. Also had plans to retire to a farm after rapping.)

4) Starts [censored] with people ( It's his own fault he got killed, and it's also his fault Biggie is dead. )

5) Not Talented ( I seriously want to make a website quiz where it's Tupac's poetry vs. a 6th grader's and see who can tell the difference. )

I'll think of more.

Edited: Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's worthless. All Eyez On Me was a great album. So was Strictly 4 My Nz but damn, a lot of the stuff after that really makes his good stuff lose it's appeal.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:47 PM

Those are good reasons, I am now starting to hate him. WTF am I going to do with his CD's?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:49 PM

His first few records were excellent. Once he got himself enslaved by Shug, the quality of his records dropped a lot. He was just churning out factory line music.

Also- the fact that he built this entire persona around his thug image, and wasn't a thug at all is bothersome. Not atypical in hip-hop in the least, but it got old when after his death everybody pointed to it as some logical conclusion of his "thug life".

I don't hate him by any means, but I think that he often rates FAR too high in people's lists of top MCs.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:05 PM

1) I disagree with this one completely. Maybe you should look back at his whole collection before you say this. Some of the songs on Me Against the World and Strictly for my N.I.G.G.A.Z. are deep man. I don't think his problem was lyrical content, IMO.
2.) I agree with you. His style was very one dimensional. He always rapped with the same tempo, def agree with this.
3.) I disagree, his mom was dirt poor and he had to move several times in his life. His mom was a smart, but very militant woman. The private school you are talking about is in Baltimore, and he didn't even go there for a year. He moved to Oakland after that to one of the roughest neighborhoods. I think he did a lot to try to rise above the "Thug Life", but ultimately because of his emerging relationship with Death Row and Suge he was emersed in the lifestyle and embraced his new image. Death Row was the ruin of him.
4.)This is possible, but I don't think anyone knows the whole truth to this story, sorry to say.
5.) This is absurd
Old 11-17-2004, 03:00 AM

Anybody who doesnt like 2Pac is a moron plain and simple.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) I disagree with this one completely. Maybe you should look back at his whole collection before you say this. Some of the songs on Me Against the World and Strictly for my N.I.G.G.A.Z. are deep man. I don't think his problem was lyrical content, IMO.
2.) I agree with you. His style was very one dimensional. He always rapped with the same tempo, def agree with this.
3.) I disagree, his mom was dirt poor and he had to move several times in his life. His mom was a smart, but very militant woman. The private school you are talking about is in Baltimore, and he didn't even go there for a year. He moved to Oakland after that to one of the roughest neighborhoods. I think he did a lot to try to rise above the "Thug Life", but ultimately because of his emerging relationship with Death Row and Suge he was emersed in the lifestyle and embraced his new image. Death Row was the ruin of him.
4.)This is possible, but I don't think anyone knows the whole truth to this story, sorry to say.
5.) This is absurd

[/ QUOTE ]

Well dude, I respect your opinion and don't have any witty comeback so I guess we'll leave it at that. You asked for reasons and I gave you them, are you trying to convince me that he is tight after all? I dunno. good game.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:09 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Is he a rapper or something? Rap sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding
Old 11-17-2004, 03:13 AM

I was just surprised at how many people dislike him. I am one of the few people I know that thinks he is overated, so I wasn't surprised people said that. I just completely disagree with people that think he sucks.