Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 11:11 AM

Default Buddy Lists

Hey guys, first thread I think i've started on 2+2 so be gentle.

I use my buddy list pretty liberally on PP. Generally I look for calling stations and add them to my buddy list. Take liberal player notes on their behavior and follow them around like ATM Machines. I've found this to be fairly profitable in the short term anyway. I was wondering if you guys select tables in this manner, or if you look for something else when sitting down. Also, i'm wondering if you have seen these guys start leaving when you sit down with them too often.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Buddy Lists

Yes and Yes. If you have a high-speed connection, I recommend data mining to find those ATMs even faster.

Scott
Old 11-15-2004, 01:23 PM

I have a high speed connection...what do you mean by data mining?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:29 PM

I think he refers to opening a couple of tables and letting Pokertracker autoimport hands while you aren't playing. After a couple of days you should have data on a lot of players.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:08 PM

How do you set up pokertracker to do this?...I can't figure it out.

I went to the pokertracker forums but I am still having trouble

Thanks
Old 11-15-2004, 02:13 PM

I have been having troubel with it as well, I am not sure that it is working...I have it auto rate players when I auto import the HH, and I have all the ratings filled out, but when I export notes, I dont see any changes, I hardly ever see a guy with notes, and I have aprox 10000 players in my Database? maybe I just need to mess with it, make sure I have all the proper boxes checked and what not.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:14 PM

Look in Pokertracker at "Help", its explained. Scroll down and u will find: "Finally, how to get hand histories from tables you are observing to load..."

This is if u have installed Poker Tracker v. 2.05 and updated the helpfiles. If not, look in Pokertrackers "help", "about pokertracker" and "check here to see if u have the latest version"
Old 11-15-2004, 02:24 PM

Try to remove all the old notes before exporting (you will find them in C:/programs/partypoker or wherever u have the program stored, they are called something like xxxnotesxxx.txt. I dont remember, but maybe u have to create 1 note on 1 player - like writing "cool" in your on player notes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] - to create a new xxxnotes.txt before exporting)

I also have had problems with export player notes after I have done changes from previous export. But removing the old ones and create new solved it.