Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 02:31 AM

Default Critique my play?

TAJ 1/2 no limit, 300 max buyin
ME (button) - $550 (LAG image at table)
SB - $150 (new guy - dunno how he plays)
UTG + 2 - $200 (ABC player cept he bluffs here and there)

UTG limps. UTG+1 limps.
UTG+2 raises to 15. Everyone folds to me.
I raise to 60. SB calls. UTG+2 goes all in.
I go all in, SB debates for a long time and says, i got decent odds and calls.

Results:
<font color="white">
Me - KcKs
SB - 7d8d
UTG+2 - AcAh </font>
Old 11-15-2004, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Critique my play?

When the action gets back to you it's another $90 to call with $270 already in the pot. You're getting 3:1 on your call and you're only a 4:1 underdog against AA. If the SB tags along then you're getting an even better price. At that point you cannot fold unless you are 100% convinced that he has aces. If he doesn't respect your raises then he's probably not folding AK or QQ, and just calling means putting in 40% of his stack, so I'd imagine he'd push with those fairly often. So you can't fold.

As for your initial raise to $60, I don't think we have enough information. If this guy hasn't raised preflop at all, then I would be a more more cautious. If you think he'll raise from UTG+2 with hands like TT pretty regularly then it's not so bad.

EDIT: I misread the stack sizes so my pot odds calculations are off. You have to call another $140 with $320 already in the pot. Now you have a decision to make. There has to be a pretty significant chance of seeing AK, QQ, or worse in order to make this call. It just comes down to your read of the player.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Critique my play?

UTG+2 did raise 15 a few times preflop with hands like KJ offsuit. I'd figured 4x his bet was enough to see where he was at. He pushed all in and looked supremely confident so I thought it was a 50/50 that he had AA but possible that he had AK / KK / QQ.

I didn't even think about the pot odds when i made the call but apparently the SB justified it out to call. SB knew that we have either AA / KK / QQ...