Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 02:36 AM

Default HU ugly river check/call or bet/fold or bet/call?

BB is approx 50vpip, seen him raise very rarely preflop, but is fairly aggressive postflop. No info on MP. Do you bet/fold, bet/call, or check/call this?

-Often I C/R this flop, but I had no guarantee that one of them would bet this, so I decided to bet out. I would appreciate advice on this river given that I bet out the flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: DrG is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds, DrG calls, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">DrG bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">DrG bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

River: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font> Drg...??

Thanks,
-DrG
Old 11-13-2004, 03:05 AM

Default Re: HU ugly river check/call or bet/fold or bet/call?

The only draws I see being out there are an ace and the flush (which could easily have an ace as well). I don't know if you're up against worse kings often enough to make a bet profitable. If the queen had flopped instead of the two babies, you could add that pair to possible callers though. I certainly wouldn't want to face a raise though, so maybe that tilts me to a check.

Scott