Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2002, 03:06 PM

Default 5 player PP tables

Just a question for anyone who has had some success on the 5 player tables. How much do you relax your opening standards from a full table ring game (If at all).

If you are UTG do you just play it as if you were 2 off the button in a ring game and everyone has folded?

For example, I find myself playing any Ace on the 5 player tables. I would muck A-3o in a ring game 2 off the button.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:28 PM

Default Re: 5 player PP tables

MY BEST ADVICE TO YOU WOULD BE TO WATCH WHAT THE WINNING PLAYERS DO AND LEARN THE STYLE OF GAME THAT HE IS WINNING IN, THAT IS A BIG FACTOR, NO ONE CAN SAY FOR SURE WHETHER TO CALL WITH A 3OFF DEPENDS ON THE GAME, I AM THE BEST

SWIFTY
Old 03-09-2002, 02:22 PM

Playing "any" ace is wrong, and normally playing A3o in 2 is a leak. You shouldn't adjust your starting hand requirements by position against unknown opponents 5-handed much differently than you would at a full ring game. You can, however, adjust to your opponents faster because you have better information about how they play -- you see them in hands more often -- and your opponents will adjust incorrectly based on their recent wins or losses because short-handed is more streakier, allowing you to counter-adjust, and so forth. In LL games, this isn't as big a factor because so many opponents are way too loose, passive and tenacious, allowing you win by just waiting for decent hands.

Old 03-09-2002, 09:30 PM

chris what is the needed bankroll for 3-6 10-20 heads-up play at paradise?also what is the big bet per hr possible earning rate?thanks rain
Old 03-22-2002, 01:24 PM

$2-3K. 1 to 2 bets per hour per table.