Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 07:30 AM

Default Getting kicked in the head: sanity check #1

Losing heavily these days... Maybe it's me (quite likely!) so comments on all streets of these hands will be appreciated.

On this one I have no particular read of the opponent. The turn and the river are where I doubt myself. Should I call the turn raise? If so, how should I play the river if no help arrives? And how did I do on this particular river?

Guy.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Sucker MC is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sucker MC raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Sucker MC bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Sucker MC bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Sucker MC calls.

River: (7.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Sucker MC bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Sucker MC calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.20 BB, between Button and Sucker MC.</font>
Old 11-12-2004, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Getting kicked in the head: sanity check #1

I'd need to narrow the villain's holding down to decide how I'd play this one . . . what's his VP$IP?

Scott
Old 11-12-2004, 07:50 AM

I think this is OK. Folding the turn is an option against a loose passive player, which the villian appears to be after open-limping from the button. Check-calling the river is also an option unless you think your villian won't bet his kings on this board. Against a lag/maniac, I might CR the river.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd need to narrow the villain's holding down to decide how I'd play this one . . . what's his VP$IP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no useful figure. I'd never seen him before and only been at the table three rounds. He hadn't raised preflop at all, played a few flops, not done anything remarkable.

Guy.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:35 AM

I can't tell you whether I'd reraise the river then, but I definitely call his raise.

Scott