Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 04:17 AM

Default I chase my overcards and hit....but what do I do here?

Almost everyone at this table is ~40vpip ~15pfr. The button has shown some over-aggression, but nothing hurrendous. No other specific reads.

Do any of you take a different line preflop or on the flop?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: DrG is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, DrG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, DrG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO, Button calls, SB calls, DrG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, DrG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, DrG...?!?

Thanks in advance,
-DrG
Old 11-12-2004, 04:29 AM

Default Re: I chase my overcards and hit....but what do I do here?

Easy 3-bet pre-flop IMO. Even if MP has you beat at the moment, with three cold-callers you should have enough pot equity to make reraising +EV. Since you didn't though, I would bet this flop. MP will likely raise you, and that cuts everyone's odds to 6.5-1. On the turn, I'd consider betting into MP. I don't like check-calling, and if two bets are going to go in I'd rather protect your hand by making everyone call two cold.

Scott
Old 11-12-2004, 12:43 PM

I think raising preflop makes this easier to play. But since you got to this point your strength is rather concealed. However, this is one of those hands where you might have improved to a nice 3rd place. Since button is overaggressive, he may be trying to push MP off something with very little himself. I would 3-bet here and see if anybody wants to cap or if MP folds. They may put you on KJ the way its been played to this point. The river could get delicate if yet another straight making card falls.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:01 PM

Yucky hand. I have been known to just call this preflop. After this post, it will be a raise.

I like leading this flop and letting MP thin the field.

OK...the turn. I'm probably just calling this and folding if it gets back to me for any more bets. You could be drawing dead, so no reason to spew more chips. But, you could easily have the best hand, so no reason for folding. So, just call and pray. At least you know what the fish at Party Poker go thru on a daily basis. Same goes for the river...just call 1 bet, but not 2.