Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 03:28 PM

Default The OFFICIAL complaint thread of OFFICIAL posts

Why in the f00k whenever there is a big topic like the World Series, or Halo, or poker bonus some boner has to make a post about it but claim that the specific thread he created is the OFFICIAL one.

People will obviously see a post about the World Series and they can post there. If they dont read the post they'd make a new post anyway so the OFFICIAL means nothing. If they do read the post they will see there is a discussion going and will chime into it.

Do people make OFFICIAL posts just so that they can see their name on a thread that will get a lot of replies and views?

If you ever made an OFFICIAL psot of a topic to be special go ahead and flame me you nimrods.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Re: The OFFICIAL complaint thread of OFFICIAL posts

In honor of this official post, I shall officially refrain from spawning my "OFFICIAL Have a Nice Warm Cup of Shut The [censored] Up" thread.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In honor of this official post, I shall officially refrain from spawning my "OFFICIAL Have a Nice Warm Cup of Shut The [censored] Up" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we'll just call this the Official Cup of STFU post, does that work? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

For overreaction guy, who for some reason gets no sleep at night wondering why the "f00k" people (or as he says, "boners"...i'm sure he giggles at that one...") make "Official" threads is that, for example, each world series game could spawn 10 threads...we wouldn't want that now would we? So we put all the comments on the game into one thread to conserve space. Now go have a drink and relax, buddy, its not a problem...at least, not one you should have.

-Edge
Old 11-11-2004, 03:59 PM

I got a better idea. Go reread my post and then post again after you actually read it this time.

OK now that you did that...Write a post that doesnt contain something I already diffused, and answer the question I asked, not the one I answered. I look forward to your response.

There is only one question mark in my post, so hopefully you will be able to find what I am asking for.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is only one question mark in my post, so hopefully you will be able to find what I am asking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the first sentence in your post should have a question mark too. So there are two questions to answer actually. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 04:07 PM

It should but it doesnt...Think of it like a Jerry Seinfeld question. It is a question asked that does not facilitate answers.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It should but it doesnt...Think of it like a Jerry Seinfeld question. It is a question asked that does not facilitate answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the term you are looking for is "rhetorical question."
Old 11-11-2004, 04:23 PM

I believe the answer to your question is "No". Happy now?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:30 PM

I imagine people start OFFICIAL threads to accomplish exactly what OFFICIAL threads seem to be able accomplish to a reasonable degree, more often than not...

But I could be wrong...
Old 11-11-2004, 04:36 PM

I'll elaborate on my previous post. I believe that people post OFFICIAL threads because as someone else mentioned, they keep everything about one topic in one place. People don't want to see 4 diferent posts on the same topic on the first page. Also, others put OFFICIAL in the subject line as a cliche, just like "do you see why?" and all the other popular ones.