Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 05:09 AM

Default ATo, what\'s your plan?

BB has a VP$IP of about 17% and has a PFR of 10%. His aggression factors on the flop turn and river are: 2.92, 9.00 and 1.80.

MP has a VP$IP of about 40% and a PFR of 12% with a total aggression factor of 0.70%.

On to the hand:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Guido is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Guido?

When you raise and the rest calls. What do you do on the turn?

When you raise, the BB 3-bets and the MP calls? What do you do on the turn?

When you call the flop, what do you do on the turn?

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Guido?

Thanks

Guido
Old 11-11-2004, 05:15 AM

Default Re: ATo, what\'s your plan?

I would call the flop to see the turn action. On the turn I would bet if checked to, definately call a bet and fold, and probably call a bet and call.

Interesting hand, though, and I am looking forward to hearing what others have to say.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:19 AM

Given how tight the BB is, QT(s) and QJ are the only hands I can see him betting that you beat. That makes me want to fold. If I did decide to play, I'd raise the flop and check the turn. With that huge jump in turn aggression, I think he's pretty likely to smooth call the flop and try to check-raise you for some big bets.

Scott
Old 11-11-2004, 05:25 AM

Why do you prefer raising above calling? You do get the odds to call and try to hit your 5 outer if you are behind

Guido
Old 11-11-2004, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given how tight the BB is, QT(s) and QJ are the only hands I can see him betting that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see him betting any T, some 4s, J9, and some others just for kicks. If he had a K I think he would be more likely to check-raise at some point, or check-call the whole way. Anyways, I don't see a big reason for him to be betting a K.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:41 AM

Raise flop bet turn check river
Old 11-11-2004, 06:11 AM

and fold to a cr on the turn obviously, i think this would be mine line as well.. (i suspect the BB indeed would try cr'sing if he would hold a king, but more likely he is either holding a ten or is drawing with a hand like QJ). MP doesn't seem to be holding a king either, but if he is he'll show himself down the road but just as well could be paying you off with a hand like JT hindsighting his prefloplimp) So you raise with what could be very well the best hand, charge drawers on the turn, and see a relatively cheap showdown (saving you one sb to a line of gutwrenching calldown). If the flop gets 3-bets. I'd call in order to fold unimproved on the turn
Old 11-11-2004, 06:43 AM

Because with those aggression numbers I think there's a good chance that when he's strong enough to keep raising he'll wait until the turn to do so, giving you a free card if you want.

Scott
Old 11-11-2004, 06:48 AM

While he might bet those other hands, I don't see his coal-producing ass seeing the flop with them.

Scott
Old 11-11-2004, 09:45 AM

When the BB leads the flop I assume I am behind.

I raise the flop hoping to get the turn checked to me. If the turn is a blank I will take a free look at the river.

You definitely have odds to see the turn. I just think raising is better than calling.

If you just called the flop and a blank hits as in the game, you can muck to his bet.

Making a habit of not believing people will lose you chips.