Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 08:47 PM

Default This hand pissed me off

Party 2/4

MP raises, tricky CO calls. I complete with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. Flop

J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, MP bets, CO raises, my thinking:

I know what the cutoff is going to do. I've been watching this guy, always looks for the tricky way to play a hand. He is going to check it down after the turn, and quite possibly the river, and since he can have any two cards, I really have no idea.

I 3 bet. I figure that if they have anything worth betting and raising, they will call 3 bets. Well they both folded.

I have no idea what the optimal play is here. In hindsight, maybe leading the flop, calling a raise, leading the turn, etc. Calling the raise and leading the turn is possible, but maybe he folds there too. I don't know, but this hand really pissed me off. In fact, playing with this tricky player in general really pissed me off. Table change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Anyway, curious to here how you guys play this hand here. TIA
Old 11-10-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Re: This hand pissed me off

***damnet. I hate when I do that. Disregard this post please.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:12 AM

Default Re: This hand pissed me off

hate when you do what. your play is fine.