Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 09:47 AM

Default Do you ever fold this?

BB is lag (60/20), UTG is lag (80/11).

Flop cap standard against lags?

Turn: Not sure about this one. The pot is getting big and one of these clowns could be overplaying something, but both of them? My flop cap/turn lead didn't seem to slow anyone down, is it time to toss this in the muck when it is 2 bets back to me? These meatballs could go on raising forever........

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero .....
Old 11-10-2004, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Do you ever fold this?

UTG is playing like he has a set, BB could have AK, but thats just too much expensive to find out
Old 11-10-2004, 10:59 AM

Wow - I hate this action. Given that the villians are LAGs it is very difficult to read them.

I have certainly seen this kind of betting with a pair of Kings or a flush draw from LAGs.

What bothers you (and me) is that they are both raising!

I would probably reluctantly fold (and then curse myself if I do not get to see their cards at the end). I would bet that you are beat with either a set or 2 pair or possibly a straight.

Even LAGs get good hands.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:04 AM

Flop cap definitely standard.

On the turn it's iffy to me. It could be possible that you are facing a combination of draws/and or kings. But it certainly seems likely you are behind. With 18 big bets in the pot when it gets back to you, you are getting 9:1. So if you put any weight at all on you being ahead, and if you think that when you are behind then it might fairly frequently be to 2 pair, then I think you need to call. Against two pair you have 8 outs.

So I think I call the turn.

On the river I would probably call 1 bet unimproved.

B.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:38 AM

those preflop stats mean a lot, but are these guys real laggy post flop? depending on the answer to that question, i may or may not fold. if they are real laggy post flop, i am not letting go. if they could be doing this with AK or KQ and others... I am not giving credit for the set. these boys are seeing too many flops and there is a good enough chance you are ahead. if one of the guys has 2 pair and you happen to be behind, you got some outs if you need them.

If they are just laggy pf, but reasonable post flop I would consider folding more.