Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2004, 11:10 AM

Default Steelers only 4 point favs over the Browns! Why?

What am I missing here?

Also what do you think about these picks?

Giants -2 over the cardinals

Chiefs -4.5 over the saints

And Redskins over the bengals -3
Old 11-09-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Steelers only 4 point favs over the Browns! Why?

The steelers have to play a division opponent in the browns they have already played once...at the dog pound. The browns defense is pretty underrated, and so is Jeff Garcia. I wouldn't bet on the browns either, just a no touch game.

I took the giants at -2.5 too. The line is like that because of Kurt Warner's terrible game and the cards eeking past miami. I like that bet

I don't like betting against the saints this year really. They have too much talent and I'm always afraid it will come out on the day I put money on it.

I took the bengals on the last bet at +3 (+105). They looked good last week, and I've been betting against the redskins all year to some success. If it is actually possible for a team with their record to be over-rated, then they are.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:31 PM

Be very careful about taking the Giants. They lost both of their starting defensive ends, including Michael Strahan. Teams had to put 2 and sometimes 3 men on him. Without Strahan, the Giants' defense is going to have major league problems, and the problem is exacerbated by the loss of Washington, the other end. I need to see the Giants for a couple of weeks before I would consider taking them and laying points against anybody.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:09 PM

Saints have no defense. K.C. won't have Holmes this week but that won't matter as he hasn't been a factor in K.C.'s explosive offense the past couple of weeks. I'd take K.C. here.

Giants game looks good. They will rebound after the debacle against Chicago.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:18 PM

The giants lost Strahan and Washington, their two best defensive lineman. The cardinals have played tough all year. I would be wary of this one.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:51 PM

Just curious ... do you have a substantive reason to feel that the Giants will "rebound", or is it just a gut feeling? It seems that a team that may not have been that good to begin with just got a whole lot worse with 2 key injuries ... so laying points on the road against a team that is not as bad as the public thinks is not a good bet in my opinion. There has to be better on the board this week.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:25 PM

I had personally thought the Giants(especially that offensive line) had been overachieving all season and now that Strahan is out I wouldn't make any bets there way against half-decent opponents. As far as the Steelers' game goes, Duce is still questionable for next week and as another poster semi-pointed out the Browns' run defense is superior to the Eagles. Don't look for the Bus to run for more than 60 yards if Duce doesn't play. That said, I'm a Steelers' fan and I'm betting the Steelers all the way, baby.
-James
Old 11-09-2004, 03:26 PM

Saints have no defense. K.C. won't have Holmes this week but that won't matter as he hasn't been a factor in K.C.'s explosive offense the past couple of weeks. I'd take K.C. here.

You guys are nuts, man.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:27 PM

Steelers only 4 point favs over the Browns! Why?

They are on the road. All other things equal, road favorites are the worst NFL bets. Three of your four plays are road favorites.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:13 PM

Gotta agree with ED, Holmes is the factor in the KC offense every week. His back up is knicked up as well, Saints D is terrible, but they won't be scared of Larry Johnson (losing Holmes is a bigger loss in the passing game, imo, Johnson cant do what Holmes does on screens and dump offs, the chiefs wont even try)