Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Tighties (low content)

Does anyone else find that the players who play the most hands on Party .5/1 all play the same way, and that is ultra-tight? When I sort my PT summary stats by hands played, I have to go pretty far down the list to find a player other than myself with an icon that isn't a mouse (using bison's ratings).

Does anyone have a theory as to why this might be?
Old 11-08-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Tighties (low content)

I find just the opposite...5-7 players every hand...people betting and calling with bottom pair or less...sometimes averaging 10BB per hand.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:27 PM

oh my bad...I have never done that with poker tracker. I thought you meant the average table
Old 11-08-2004, 12:25 PM

Those with the most hands in your Poker Tracker are most likely those people who play quite a bit and/or play quite seriously. It's not surprising that they tend to be tighties IMO.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:33 PM

It's just suprising that the people who play the most really aren't that good. Perhaps if they were better they'd move up. Or perhaps they are content making 2 BB/hour playing a style that's pretty simple to multi-table with.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:44 PM

I think that I am quite 'good' in the 50/1 game: I make 2BB/hour (at most, per table), yet I don't think I'm ready to move up yet.

Many of the players I come across regularly are TAA or SLAAs doing much the same as me.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just suprising that the people who play the most really aren't that good. Perhaps if they were better they'd move up. Or perhaps they are content making 2 BB/hour playing a style that's pretty simple to multi-table with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean, isn't the style we all advocate here a tight-is-right style of play? The mouse icon is TP-A, meaning that you may not have enough of a sample size to accurately gauge their pre-flop statistic, meaning that some of these players may actually be Moneybags.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:49 PM

I have 2K+ hands on all these players. They are not moneybags.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:56 PM

I might say it's a sample size thing if it wasn't 25+ players all playing the same way. As a group, with plenty of hands to constitute a large enough sample, they are a single large mouse (a rat?), and separated from the group, each individual is still a mouse.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have 2K+ hands on all these players. They are not moneybags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, well they don't play a wide range of hands pre-flop and they're aggressive with their made hands post-flop. Maybe they don't raise/re-raise with 99, TT, AJo, AJs, ATs, KQo. But they're probably better than 75% of the players out there.

Even with the SSH-style of play, I think one can only reasonably expect a winrate of 2-4BB/100 hands. So maybe they're towards the bottom of that range, but I'm not sure why you say they're not necessarily good players?