Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 04:07 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Had to quit on this hand

UTG raises on whims, oddly he doesn't raise AK, AQ or at least not that I have seen in 200+ hands. Two cards suited however we are playing for 2 bets baby.

The SB in this hand will call any number cold preflop. He plays almost every hand and will check call with overs, a small pair, a royal flush, ect, ect.

The other players are fairly normal, the table is breaking thus why the short numbers. One of the 3 truelly bad players has left and while the two I described will keep the action good, unfortunatly the party "omg the table may break, so I got to leave now!" disease has started.

For starters I hate cold calling, but folding or raising doesn't seem right.

Oh and I had to quit because UTG left and the SB turned on the out button after this hand.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: slavic is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, slavic calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">slavic raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, slavic calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, slavic calls.

If the card was not a Diamond I'm not quite sure if I would have raised again or not.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">slavic bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 11-05-2004, 04:38 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Had to quit on this hand

why didn't you 3-bet preflop?
Old 11-05-2004, 04:39 AM

You either believe your hand is better than his 51% of the time in which you raise, or you believe it is worse and you fold regardless of that SB calling station. This would then have changed post flop play which you did fine.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:42 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
You either believe your hand is better than his 51% of the time in which you raise, or you believe it is worse and you fold regardless of that SB calling station. This would then have changed post flop play which you did fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesn't make sense. you're either ahead 51% or you fold? there's money in the pot.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:42 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

why didn't you 3-bet preflop?

Because I hate KQo, really I looked at my hand and thought hmm should 3 bet. But it's freakin KQo.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:15 AM

If you rate KQo to be worth a call in this spot, you should 3 bet.

colson10
Old 11-05-2004, 06:24 AM

contrary to popular believe I think coldcalling is just fine. Then again I'm not mr shorthanded.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:57 PM

WHY
Old 11-05-2004, 02:09 PM

In the situation you describe, I think cold calling is fine. Thinking only of the relative value of your hand to the other probable hands preflop, is often short-sighted, as there are many overriding factors.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:23 PM

Hi Gabe,

[ QUOTE ]

In the situation you describe, I think cold calling is fine. Thinking only of the relative value of your hand to the other probable hands preflop, is often short-sighted, as there are many overriding factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this interesting as I'd be three-betting here pretty much 100% of the time figuring that this hand is easily strong enough to 3-bet a whimsical raiser who wouldn't be raising AK and AQ.

Would you mind elaborating?