Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 06:20 PM

Default uhh my friend wrote it what do you think?

A very mysterious person i know wrote this:

i am bound to the solitary rose:the alone when i wake up the shade\s are drawn and the light seeps through the slots and casts a shadow on my bed and cross my face...I lay awake in my bed and wonder when i will find love and where i belong. I want to be held and feel such emotions as i have never felt before. i am associated with loneliness and melancholy and psuch patience as no one has never seen before. I am the governed by the goddess merpope and am gaurded be such as the Sword and the Unrequited love. As an Alone i am summed up as a hopeless romantic. i desire to love and have so much love to give, but thiongs never seem to work out the way i want them to. In truth, i am very optimistic at face value but i am so much more than that...

I am the rose petals:the wronged. I've come undone and all hopes of mening me are faded because the pain took my soul. can't you see? the only one who can fix me is me. I am associated with sorrow, reflection and wisdom. I am governed by the undainted goddess Persphone and guarded the Teardrop and the Broken Love. I am reflective and tend to be hard on myself. i have been hurt in the past by other people and can sometimes distance myself. As a result i usually don't let others get too close to me and am very good at mending my spirits back to gether becuase i know what i want.

I am the white rose; the pure. I've been waiting a long time in the dark, shining my beacon of hope through the shadow...If you see me don't sheild your eyes from me i am associated with purity, honor and chastity. I am governed by the goddess Artemis and am guarded by the Cross and by the Agape. i am aperson of my word and maintain a strong moral code, but regardless of my code i will stay true to myself and my heart. Some people may say i am too idealistic but it's only because i don't wish to be a failure.

iI am bound to the burning rose: the Rapture. I go where my heart beackons me, and i go with my head held high. But i tend to get a need until i bleed so my heart swims over my head. I am associated with passion. Intensity. Desrire. I am governed by the god Eros and am guarded by the Flame. I can get trapped in the moment and make mistakes but i willingly admit to them.

I am the bouqet in your vase. I am the collection of emotions you feel. If you are lucky to have won my love then hold me close, hold me tight and never let me go. wrappyour arms around my body so that you may calm my mortal soul. I will guard and protect you and love you with all of my heart, so long as you give me a chance. My heart is made of silk...delicate as well as intricate...i am torn and wish for you to mend me i give you the supplies now you just work the needle.

does this(psych majors extra appreciated) say anything about the person who wrote it?
Old 11-04-2004, 06:55 PM

Default Re: uhh my friend wrote it what do you think?

I think your friend is an inexperienced teenage writer. He clearly romanticizes intense feeling, but has trouble fully understanding his own emotions and dramatizing them for the reader. His archaic and obscure allusions suggest that he is something of a social outcast. His correct but somewhat awkward grammar and diction suggest that English may not be his first language. That's not a useful observation, just a guess for the fun of it.
From a psych perspective, I think this is reasonably normal. From a literary perspective, I think this is extremely weak.

I am much more qualified to speak about the literary qualities than about the psychological ones.

Cheers,
Ilya
Old 11-04-2004, 06:59 PM

I think there are a lot of spelling mistakes in this. I also think based on past posts you've made, that you are the writer in question, correct?

I would just go ahead and post this in the psych forum. I don't know that you want the opinions of the OOT crew.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:39 PM

No. no I am not. This friend is well known amongst the high schools in johnson county. I cannot tell you HER(you got it totally wrong, the uhh part wasnt a thin guise of my own identity it was the wierdness of receiving such a message, it freaked me out.) name, but she is known mostly as a slut. A very promiscoius(sp?) slut. She comes from a wealthy family but is extremely odd. Her actions are absolutly crazy, which is why her reputation precedes her amognst all high schoolers in the johnson county area. I would love to crack her head open.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:09 PM

sounds like you could get some....is she hot? I say go for it. Take a hit for the team and then come back here and tell us how she was [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2004, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like you could get some....is she hot? I say go for it. Take a hit for the team and then come back here and tell us how she was [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the best advice I have ever read.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:12 PM

whats her number????
Old 11-04-2004, 09:17 PM

lol Yes she is hot. No I will not try to **** her. I have a friendship with her older brother, not to mention a friendship with her, that would be lost with any thing because she has a history of nasty relationships, and Im interested in helping this girl, not using her.Not to say thats how I usually act [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but she is an exception. Shes an amazingly interesting person, and a confused young girl.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:19 PM

dude do you seriously want it? I might give it to you, but you have to follow a few guidelines.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:32 PM

My $0.02

She feels alone and cast out by society.

Though she has suffered a lot, she feels like she is a good person inside and this is her way of expressing it.

She feels betrayed by those around her who are constantly calling her slut, etc. and looking down on her. She views herself as pure and true.

She has made it a habit of choosing the wrong guys and admits that she is always in the wrong relationships.

She is reaching out to you and thinks that you may be the person who can save her.

Unfortunately, the only person that can save her is herself because the person causing the angst is her.

She has yet to take true responsibility for her actions (like not choosing the wrong guys) and instead thinks that it is not her fault that she has followed her heart and had it broken so many times.

Typical drama queen / rebelious teenager.

btw - I'm guessing you posted this because you feel bad for her and want to help?