Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2001, 05:27 AM

Default Stud: Bad Beat Jackpot Hand

I was playing 1-5 stud earlier tonight while waiting to get into another game and had a bad beat jackpot hand.

The game is 5-handed at the moment because a few people are away from their seats for various reasons.

The third street boards are:

(x,x) Ts

(Qc,Qd) Tc (Me!)

(x,x) Th

(x,x) 7d

(x,x) 9c

The low card 7d brings it in for a $1. The 9c calls. The Ts folds. As usual, due to a no ante structure, I just call rather than raising my big pair on 3rd street. The Th folds. Three people see fourth street.

The fourth street boards are:

(Qc,Qd) Tc,Qh (Me!)

(x,x) 7d,7c

(x,x) 9c,4s

Whoo-hoo! Hidden big trips are the best! The 7s bet $2. Since he was the low card, I doubt he's got trip 7s so I suspect I'm very far ahead and don't want to scare him off. The 9c calls and I just call.

The fifth street boards are:

(Qc,Qd) Tc,Qh,Td (Me!)

(x,x) 7d,7c,3h

(x,x) 9c,4s,6c

Wow. I caught the case Ten. I was actually mildly concerned that making a full-house would be difficult because of my dead Tens. I bet just $3 to see what the 7s will do. I'm hoping he really does have trip 7s and will raise me. The 7s just call and the 9c folds. It's heads-up.

The sixth street boards are:

(Qc,Qd) Tc,Qh,Td,Qs (Me!)

(x,x) 7d,7c,3h,Kd

Holy.....! Well, I can't hide the fact that I've got a big hand now. I bet $5. The 7s raise! Yes! I make it $15 and the 7s call.

On the river, I bet $5 without looking at my last card. The 7s look and raise. Yes! I make it $15 and the 7s call.

I show my Quad Queens. I'm absolutely stunned when my opponent shows Quad 7s which were made on the river. I can't believe he didn't raise and re-raise me endlessly with Quad 7s. Oh well.

This was the first time I've ever been involved in Quads/Straight Flush vs. Quads/Straigh Flush hand.

But, there's one dissapointing twist to this story. The hand was played at the Mirage and they don't have a bad beat jackpot.

D'OH!

Old 12-24-2001, 10:58 PM

Default Bad beat and a bad opponent to boot

Dear Dynasty,

You are exactly right. You certainly were against the wrong opponent. Thank God (for me) that I wasn't playing against you, cause with quad sevens, my stack would be turning into felt in the blink of an eye.

Most sincerely,

Doc AZ