Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Button, raise or call?

Hi!

Playing fixed limit($5/10 - $15/30) at some tables at Party poker means the blinds NEVER fold. At least not the big blind.

If its folded to me on the button and I am going to play my hand I always raise. But what is the correct strategy if the blinds never fold?
Its good to get more money in the pot when you got a pretty strong hand but nevertheless you are gonna miss the flop totally most of the times and it hits one of the blinds "for sure". Is it better to just call with hands lika QJ, T9, A8...? Hoping to hit the flop and take it from there? Ive seen a lot of players starting to do this. When you hit you often get paid off.

Whats you thoughts?

Thx
Old 11-05-2004, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Button, raise or call?

there is a certain tier of hands which are good enough versus 2 "random" hands that will always deserve a raise, I think that your a/8 and q/j are 2 of them.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:10 PM

Probably depends on how well the blinds play postflop. Some only call the flop if they make a pair, and will not value bet it on the end. Some will never bluff or semibluff. Those are the players you want to raise those hands against. I dont think you can lay down A8 or QJ on the button as the first in. Might as well lay the heat on them.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:55 PM

WHY