Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 03:11 PM

Default 50 + 5 vs. 100 + 9 (Party) [*NL*]

I'm curious about the differences people see between the 50 + 5 and the 100 + 9. I have had some success multi-tabling the 50 + 5. That does *not* translate to success -- any success at all -- in the higher limit game. Although there are still a few people who seem to go out in the first few hands, it seems like there are more who hang around until level 4 or 5, and that my short-stack stealing hands get picked off and I'm out. Any insights from others?

*Edit* No-limit only.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:22 PM

Default NL i assume?

For Limit, they're usually the same people who play $55, $109, and $215 SnGs. Partially because there are only $109s and $215s at certain times, so those players are forced to do $55s (or $33s) if they want to do Limit.

I have no idea for NL, as i've only done a few $55s there. I imagine they're different because of the 24 hr $109s and $215s available eliminating the need to change levels.

Are you still multi-tabling the $109s? You might want to single-table and concentrate more until you master $109s before multi-tabling, even if this means less money/hr...
Old 10-27-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Re: NL i assume?

Yeah, sorry, edited post to make clear I was talking only about NL. Good advice re: the multitabling . . . I've just backed off the 100 + 9s altogether and gone back to the safe and secure world of the 50 + 5, but I'm curious about why it was such a painful journey into those rarified heights. I agree that dipping a single-table toe in the pool would make more sense the next time . . . .