Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 10:35 PM

Default I think right move... got grief

3 players left, the other two are pretty bad but I am extremely short stacked due to an all in with two pair Aces and 10's on the turn, to be called with AK, King on the river.

Anyways, about 4 orbits later I am BB with 3x BB left in chips and get 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Button folds, SB who has me at a 10:1 chip advantage just calls. I check.

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I go all in, SB calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Both players start griping about the horrible move. I try to defend myself a bit, but quickly give up figuring it's no use.

The SB had been pretty loose when he had something all night and had folded when had nothing. He folded when I made the same move in the same situation in my previous BB.
Any thoughts? Am I wrong? Are they wrong?
Old 10-25-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: I think right move... got grief

3x BB = I might push this preflop. One pair is easily enough to push on the flop.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:09 PM

this is what happens as a result of good aggressive play sometimes. you know your play was good so don't try to justify it to morons. the fact that you even know the url to 2+2 shows that youre prolly twice as good as either of them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2004, 01:10 AM

perfectly fine.

-SmileyEH
Old 10-26-2004, 01:28 AM

This is a pretty straight forward push situation, especially on a paired board.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 players left, the other two are pretty bad but I am extremely short stacked due to an all in with two pair Aces and 10's on the turn, to be called with AK, King on the river.

Anyways, about 4 orbits later I am BB with 3x BB left in chips and get 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Button folds, SB who has me at a 10:1 chip advantage just calls. I check.

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I go all in, SB calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Both players start griping about the horrible move. I try to defend myself a bit, but quickly give up figuring it's no use.

The SB had been pretty loose when he had something all night and had folded when had nothing. He folded when I made the same move in the same situation in my previous BB.
Any thoughts? Am I wrong? Are they wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play is fine.... as everyone has said. the bigger point is why are you worried about what others think? This is a weakness that could affect your play. Mock them back, sit with them again, or ignore them .... but don't get stressed by it. Never (even if they are correct ...lol)