Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 10:22 PM

Default Cecil Fielder update - Plans to re-pay debt, kids not speaking to him

Fielder and his kids have falling-out.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/tigers/0...f01-311090.htm
Old 10-28-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Cecil Fielder update - Plans to re-pay debt, kids not speaking to him

Too bad about Cecil Fielder losing all his money - it happens. His son won't talk to him because he too $200,000 from the son's signing bonus (of $2.4 mill) as an agent's fee, before the son agreed to pay it. Bummer.

The son's mother and his sister are living "in close quarters with the son's wife and their baby". Bummer

I guess the son does not want to spring for even rent money for his mom. Most son's that get a $2 mill + bonus for signing a professional contract buy their parents a house. I suppose if your name is Prince, as is Cecil's son's name, and you had everything you ever wanted when you were growing up, you would not know how to take care of your own family. Bummer.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2004, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Cecil Fielder update - Plans to re-pay debt, kids not speaking to him

From the article "She [mom] refuses to live off her son’s money, she said."

People who incorrectly represent facts to cast dispersions about people and situations about which they have only limited, second hand knowledge. Bummer
Old 10-28-2004, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
“My father is dead to me,” said Prince Fielder, now a minor-league baseball player in the Milwaukee organization.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoooooly [censored] thats pretty harsh. I've talked to my dad about once a year for the past 5 years cause hes a [censored] douche, but I would never say that about him.... talk about burning bridges.

Also does anyone know if Cecil played poker? and if he has a screen name on party?
Old 10-28-2004, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Cecil Fielder update - Dogmeat mistake!

Alright, my bad. I missed that part. To Prince Fielder, I am sure you are a Prince of a guy.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Cecil Fielder update - Dogmeat mistake!

Good thing mom is taking some responsibility, because it sounds like she deserves some. Redecorating compulsively like she did, over and over in such a short period of time, is something I find it hard to respect even when you can afford it. Which I guess she thought she could. But it's just throwing away money at an incredible speed to no purpose. Just stupid and wasteful. Doesn't throw a flattering light on her or her judgment.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:05 AM

Pretty sad story, but even if mom says she refuses to live off of Prince's money he should be insisting that she take whatever he offers(if he does) because that is his mother and they obviously have a good relationship if they live together. So his dad took 200k. After taxes he should have still had over 1 million in cash. With some of that money he could have bought his mom a very nice house without her "consent" and told her "it's yours". His mom has a lot of pride it appears but there is no way in hell I would let my mom look for some crappy job while I have 1 million + with a very good shot at making much much more in the future if my baseball career panned out. He's only 20 and in AA I believe and looks to be headed to the big leagues sometime in the near future. Baseball America has him listed as their 10th highest rated prospect for this year with an estimated big league arrival of 2005.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People who incorrectly represent facts to cast dispersions about people and situations about which they have only limited, second hand knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a sentence. No point here, I just hate when put-downs are delivered with ignorance to grammar. It takes something away from the shot.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:00 PM

My grammar sucks, I should have used a hyphen and no periods at all, as it was meant to be a verbal expression, not a sentence.

For my favorite uber grammer-nazi [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] (remember?), how's this?

"When people misrepresent facts to cast dispersions* about people and situations which they have only limited, second hand knowledge of, it is a bummer."

*perhaps "aspersions" is more correct, but both seem to be acceptable. Not sure I like the "of" after knowledge but I think its OK. Anything else to fix?
Old 10-29-2004, 12:59 PM

Good memory. I could not have recalled for the life of me with whom I had that discussion. I don't tend to keep these things in my long-term memory. Maybe my poker results would be better if I did.

Auf wiederzein!!! (That is most of the German I know, although I'm sure I put a gutentag in the prior discussion!)

Later.