Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 02:47 AM

Default Bleeding, or do I have him beat?

MP2 raises 13 % of his hands preflop and is avg. aggressive postflop. BB likes to call to the river and folding there. Never seen him raise so far.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Now what? What about my play up until the river?
Old 10-25-2004, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Bleeding, or do I have him beat?

Seems like a good spot for ye olde checke-calle. Only way you make money from a missed flush or gutshot draw, and I'm not 100% comfortable with folding to a raise. Those considerations outweigh the times that he'll call with a worse hand.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:30 AM

One player, a non 2+:er who is suppose to be good, said he'd check-fold the flop. Now, I really can't see how someone who say something like that is a good player. Am I being too loose? Given that you didn't say anything about my preflop, flop and turn actions, I have to assume those streets was ok?
Old 10-25-2004, 03:36 AM

You played the hand well. Your friend who is suggesting that you check-fold the flop is either joking or is in fact weak-tight. In either case, don't listen to him.

And Nate is right about the river. Just check-call.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:37 AM

You only action is to bet and fold to a raise. Sometimes I check the turn a fold to a bet-overcall but once you bet the turn, you have to follow w/a river bet as you are a severe dog by checking.

Go Sox!
-Joe Tall
Old 10-25-2004, 03:48 AM

I would be very uncomfortable folding to a raise here.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:17 AM

Yes, but if the BB calls our bet and MP raise, then we should be able to safely fold? The same is true if the BB raise the river, no?

Since the BB happily calls to the river with just about anything, and since the MP is very unlikely to bluff here given that he's just avg. aggressive, don't we have a bet-fold on the river since we can expect him to call more hands than he'll bet, given the action so far?
Old 10-25-2004, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but if the BB calls our bet and MP raise, then we should be able to safely fold? The same is true if the BB raise the river, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the BB will likely fold the river since he seems to have been doing this all night. So what do you do if you bet, BB folds, and MP raises? That's the situation I'm talking about where I don't like folding but I'm also wishing I hadn't bet.

[ QUOTE ]

Since the BB happily calls to the river with just about anything, and since the MP is very unlikely to bluff here given that he's just avg. aggressive, don't we have a bet-fold on the river since we can expect him to call more hands than he'll bet, given the action so far?

[/ QUOTE ]
My interpretation of "average aggressive" is that there's a decent chance he'll bet the river with his missed flush or straight (gutshot?) draw. But if you bet, I don't see him calling with any hand that you beat except for JJ/99.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My interpretation of "average aggressive" is that there's a decent chance he'll bet the river with his missed flush or straight (gutshot?) draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Will this be true in a 3-handed pot?
Old 10-25-2004, 05:44 AM

Like Nate said, check-call the river given your descriptions of the players.