Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2004, 06:59 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default electric shavers

i used to shave with a mach3 turbo. it worked fine if i shaved every 2-3 days or so, any quicker than that and i would burn up my face. so i'd run a little stubble, no big deal. but it becomes a big deal when i have events or whatever and i have to time my shaving.

so i looked at consumerreports which said norelco makes the best, so i got the best wet shaver (7775x i believe) and i've been using it (like 2x a week). it burns up my neck pretty bad but i learned today that less pressure is needed for certain things. my take on it is that it cuts really well when it finds hair, but sometimes it just doesn't. this is the in the shower model, you use it with shaving cream (i use my own instead of their expensive cartridges).

but i don't use it any more often than my razor, which was the point i think. i'm still not sold on the idea and the m3 power looks pretty interesting. it's just that shaving is such a goddamn production. what do you think in general? are there any good dry electrics maybe?
Old 10-23-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Re: electric shavers

i used to shave with a mach3 turbo. it worked fine if i shaved every 2-3 days or so, any quicker than that and i would burn up my face. so i'd run a little stubble, no big deal. but it becomes a big deal when i have events or whatever and i have to time my shaving.

I use Mach3 and have exactly the same stubble timing issues. Just thought it was funny because it's one of those, "It never occurred to me other people have exactly this problem," things.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:07 PM

I use to shave with electrics and I couldn't stand them. They gave me wicked razor burn and tended to pull the hairs rather than cut them. I really like razors now, they just give me a closer shave without any irritation. I use the new Mach 3 that vibrates. It seems to help when my stubble is longer than usual(like sunday night or monday morning). I don't think I will ever go back to shaving with an electric.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I use Mach3 and have exactly the same stubble timing issues. Just thought it was funny because it's one of those, "It never occurred to me other people have exactly this problem," things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shave even less than that simply because I hate shaving, not because of any burning issues.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:08 PM

Uh, ditto. I've been having shaving dilemmas lately since I'm about to start a new job (to appease family and, as I explain to friends, to break up the monotony of better-paying poker) and would like to find any way to make that part of my day/week less of a hassle.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:10 PM

i go quattro style, but then again i only shave like once a week. i'd hate to shave every day w/ it.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i go quattro style, but then again i only shave like once a week. i'd hate to shave every day w/ it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I wasn't to young to grow a beard and look normal with one I probably would grow one because I hate shaving that much.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:13 PM

I use a remington dry one that works well
Old 10-23-2004, 07:22 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

yeah i skip because of that too
Old 10-23-2004, 07:23 PM

when i bought it i was wondering why there aren't electric razors for rich people, at least i'm not aware of any. you can spend tens of thousands on speaker cable but you still have to shave like everybody else? doesn't quite make sense. where are the $500+ bomb electrics?