Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 06:20 PM

Default scumbags at partypoker

im not a poster here but wanted to warn the online poker community about the devious actions of partypoker. they have bought all the available poker related urls and put up some bogus portal imitating other reputable sites. for example if you go to pokerstars.com or pokerstars.net you get pokerstars-if you go to pokerstars.org you get party pokers crappy portal-absolutepoker.org same thing-worst yet that ive seen(ive been looking into this)if you type in ultimatebet.org you go to partypoker-pretty slimy way to try to dominate the poker industry. theyre so big they dont care who they screw or even care about their own clients. you would think being the biggest would mean being the best but after seeing tactics like theirs ive lost faith in the industry. partypokers behavior is disgusting!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Re: scumbags at partypoker

reading the urls after going there, it looks like those sites were set up by one affiliate. looks like party did not create those.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reading the urls after going there, it looks like those sites were set up by one affiliate. looks like party did not create those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention...so what? So long as they arent cheating the players who cares about when someone types in the wrong addy and ends up at a portal. I doubt it's going to confuse anyone that wants to sign up with Stars into signing up with PP.

Truthfully, this is the other poker sites own fault. They could have bought up those URLs the same as anybody else.

This is a common internet practice performed by MANY sites. To single Party Poker out is a bit unfair. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 08:00 PM

I agree with the other replies, one other thing to consider, the other sites (UB, PS, etc) could conceivably sue whoever posted those sites, it is essentially an act of bad faith to misrepresent like that. I doubt PP has anything to do with it IMHO.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:54 PM

not the first time i have heard of companies doing this.

in fact, cbs did it to at least one (probably more) fantasy football sites trying to draw customers to their crummy service
Old 10-24-2004, 03:21 PM

Two words:

Gorilla Marketing

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] busguy
Old 10-25-2004, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two words:

Gorilla Marketing

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] busguy

[/ QUOTE ]

3 words. It's GUERILLA marketing.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:45 AM

I knew it didn't look right when I wrote it . . . then when I went back later to change it, I couldn't (past the edit time).

Cheers for that

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy
Old 10-25-2004, 06:34 AM

Welcome to the world of marketing, where every possible advantage to drive the potential customer away from a rival business is pursued and heavily so.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:04 AM

so some friend of mine told me about this poker site called "Poker Stars" where he played and i decided to check it out...

so i started wondering, what could the URL for this site be? at first i thought maybe pokerstars.com or pokerstars.net, but i decided that was highly unlikely! since its inconceivable for a poker site to be anything but a non-profit organization, i realized it MUST be pokerstars.org.

so i went to pokerstars.org, and sure enough, i found a poker site and signed up.

and now you're telling me i'm playing on the wrong site? no wonder i've been losing so much money!