Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 12:40 AM

Default Queens overpair, weird betting patterns from opp.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ??

At this point I'm thinking my queens are behind. SB cold called pre-flop and is stopping and going at every street. MP1 didn't show any real strength pre-flop by choosing not to cap, but I'm thinking he might of caught a set because he is continuing to raise at every opportunity. Ok to fold here facing two bets cold? Or call down?
Old 10-22-2004, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Queens overpair, weird betting patterns from opp.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they both have sets, and would be quite surprised if neither did. I'd fold.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:25 AM

you have a safe fold here. SB's stop n go actions indicate a set and you're not closing hte action here and might have to face more bets on the turn and more than one bet on the river.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:03 AM

MP1's almost definitely got a set of 9's. SB's got something strong under there, this is a safe laydown.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:24 PM

Well, I was behind, but not as far as I thought. At the end, MP1 was just overplaying a pocket pair of tens and SB was just weird playing a pocket pair of kings.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:27 PM

I have run into a few weird betting patterns lately myself, most recently a player who kept betting into me even though I raised him pre-flop, flop, and turn. I think it is getting to close to Halloween and the asylum folks have to much access to the internet.