Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 10:09 PM

Default binion\'s 1/2 NL hand

live 1/2 nl hand at binions, i had been sitting for maybe 2 orbits when this hand came up. comments on all streets appreciated.

relevant stack sizes:
me $210
button has me covered

i'm in the bb with A3s and check my option after 6 limpers and the sb completing.

pot ($14)
the flop comes J75 all of my suit. sb checks, i check, it gets checked around to the button who bets $15, sb folds, i call with the intention of popping him on the turn. it gets folded around to the cutoff who check-raises the minimum to $30. now the button thinks for a little while and calls the raise.

i decide now is as good a time as the turn to pop it so i raise it to $100 straight, leaving me about $105 left. the cutoff gets a disgusted look on his face and mutters something while folding. the button thinks for a good minute this time and finally calls.

pot ($244)
the turn brings an ugly J and i push. this is the only part of the hand that i really feel i misplayed as most hands that were calling my flop reraise just improved to beat me. but i felt like i was going to the felt with this hand regardless and wanted to get the money in when i could.

any other lines or suggestions are greatly appreciated. results to follow.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:49 PM

Default Re: binion\'s 1/2 NL hand

Call the flop. Check raise all in on the turn on a rag.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:37 PM

What if it's not a rag?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:39 PM

I don't se JJ taking too long to call the raise to 30. I don't think 77 or 55 would call your raise to 100.

I think your push is good here, particularly if you aren't sure about your read, since I don't want to debate calling a push on this board. Hopefully you're up against KQs of your suit.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:42 AM

when the board pairs, it is obvious you are losing... easy check-fold... you shouldve saved that last twenty bucks and bought yourself a better post...
p.s. if you guys think the only hands that will call this raise is top set and the 2nd nut flush you are out of you mind.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:00 AM

Check, fold, and reload. Any game with 6 limpers in each pot is good enough to sit there for a while.

As for the hand, I'd say he hit his small set on the flop and filled on the turn. He called the check raise so it makes me think he has trips. I fold to any bet.

Harry
Old 10-19-2004, 11:13 AM

Everyone who says fold the turn, awful advice.

I would've pushed in every time here. People WILL call with sets, small flushes, even two pair, I've seen it many times. Also, after the action gets back to you and you call, there's 90 bucks in the pot...if you take it down, no big deal, a lot of the time people will call your raise, in fact a 100 dollar raise is even stronger than an all in in this spot.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:34 PM

ok well im with grifter that folding the turn is horrible

but pushing the turn is pretty bad also. at least get some extra bluffs in there by checking it to him. you arnt really fearing any more cards at this point. make a pained look on your face when you check the turn.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:04 PM

I was in the binions 1/2 NL game Sat. Night.

Game I was in really really sucked. 1 action seat that qucikly went through 2 200 buyins. I couldn't get paid to save my life. Every time I bet or raised they ran for the hills. Maybe it was the 5 minute conversation I had with Shawn Rice while at the table, but who knows.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok well im with grifter that folding the turn is horrible

but pushing the turn is pretty bad also. at least get some extra bluffs in there by checking it to him. you arnt really fearing any more cards at this point. make a pained look on your face when you check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to pushing the flop, agreed pushing the turn is less than ideal.