Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 10:26 PM

Default chip n a chair

Gents,

The post says it all. Just played a Party 10/1 sit-n-go, and on the 4th hand I lost all but 60 of my chips when I my K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] that I limped with was checkraised on the turn from the BB on board of 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (gee, you think he had a 7? I somehow convinced myself that he was bluffing) Anywho, with a solid strategy of all-ins to steal blinds at the 10-15 level (go ahead, keep laughing, but 60 chips is only a 4BB raise at that point) I managed 7 total double ups while the blinds steadily went up to take the chip lead and to eventually win it. I'm proud to say that most times I got called by a worse hand w/my all ins. The only real suckout was when my 7-7 made the low end of a straight against KK, and a 9-T that flopped 2 pair.

This is a generally useless post except for knowing that all is not forelorn until the chip/chair requirement no longer applies.

BTW, what is everyone else's strongest comeback (mine was 25 chips in a playmoney tourney a ways back, but this was easily the best for a buy in)
Old 10-14-2004, 10:58 PM

Default Re: chip n a chair

Nice come back!

My biggest doesn't quite compare, but once when it was heads up at the end I lost all but 80 of my chips. Needless to say I got extremely lucky and won 5 in a row! Then managed to steal a couple of blinds and eventually win.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:51 AM

Default Re: chip n a chair

4 person live $5 buy in tournament. Each started with 50 chips. At one point, I was down to ONE chip. A series of lucky triple ups got me to 20 chips and I came back to win it.