Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 09:43 PM

Default It baffles me that so many posters here are so flamingly liberal

Most of my personal friends are flaming liberals, but they don't gamble. The few Conservatives I know do gamble. What gives on this forum?

Maybe the flaming libs just have bigger mouths and the Conservatives are the silent, sentient, majority eh?

Or maybe there are just lots of "college-age-liberals-that-have-no-clue-but-think-they-do" on this forum.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:52 PM

Default Re: It baffles me that so many posters here are so flamingly liberal

or maybe most of the people who post on here are liberal, thats my guess.

BTW, I really think there are more independents and libertariens on here than anything else.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of my personal friends are flaming liberals, but they don't gamble. The few Conservatives I know do gamble. What gives on this forum?

Maybe the flaming libs just have bigger mouths and the Conservatives are the silent, sentient, majority eh?

Or maybe there are just lots of "college-age-liberals-that-have-no-clue-but-think-they-do" on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted for Bush last time but I just think he made too many mistakes to still be president. If you want to label me for that, go right ahead, it's not going to change my vote.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:18 PM

Most of the recent threads and discussion here has been about the Bush administration and the upcoming election. So, I assume you are basing your assumption that most people here are liberal on the many posts which criticize the current administration or support John Kerry. The major flaw in this is that the ideology possessed by the Bush admninistration is so far to the right that many normally conservative Republican voting citizens can not continue to support them. This, along with huge, glaring mistakes by the administration and outright deception has galvonized formerly apolitical people (like myself) into support of John Kerry.

The fact is, simply supporting Kerry does not make someone liberal.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:16 PM

Well-thought, educated post buddy. I agree with the above poster that i am more for not bush than for kerry. It involves weighing out the pros vs. the cons. The basis of your arguement is based on bipartism and is simply trying to generalize something that is really more specific. There are a group of people that fit in to just a far left, however, i don't think those are near the majority of democractic or more left than right posters. A guess to why you find so many so called "liberal" poker players is that if I were to characterize G.W.Bush as a poker player i would consider him to have the following qualities:
-Emotional rather than educated/mathematical in his decisions (ex. imposes his religious views on state decisions)
-Calling station (Ex. Won't "flip-flop" on any decision, even if he finds out that he is playing a losing hand. Isn't being stubborn on the wrong idea just so much better than admitting a wrongdoing?)
-Bad table image (Ex. Pisses off the rest of the world and, similarily, loses his table respect)
-Poor money management (ex. forget about the jobs loss, umm.. deficit?)
-Lack of Disciplin (Ex. Went to Yale after graduating from top middle and high schools, and couldn't go to enough class or do enough work to learn how to speak, read, or logically think. The war in iraq, while i do agree with its purpose, could've waited a bit a longer=No disciplin. Including, also, the lack of personal effort he puts into his job and policies; we can thank god for the republican adminstartion for taking care of that problem or we'd all be screwed)

There is more, but i am tired. I'd, lastly, like to just say that you shouldn't try to discourage the liberals from speaking out because that is what an educating discussion is comprised of. I think people often even challenge the right and present the left opinion just for the sake of debate and knowledge rather than political belief.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:27 PM

That's funny. From my perspective it seems like almost everyone who posts on here is conservative.

Especially people like GWB and adios who seem to spend all thier time reading conservative blogs.

I actually think most of the "liberals" on this forum are much older than college age. That includes me.

Then there are the libertarians whom I admire but can't quite suscribe to their ideology.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the above poster that i am more for not bush than for kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might enjoy this website: http://www.kerryhatersforkerry.com

It's pretty funny.

natedogg
Old 10-14-2004, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...the ideology possessed by the Bush admninistration is so far to the right that many normally conservative Republican voting citizens can not continue to support them.

[/ QUOTE ]
My problem with Bush is that he's too far to the left, not the right. He supported, and claims as a success, the largest expansion of the welfare state since Lyndon Johnson (i.e., the Medicare drug benefit). He wants to further expand the welfare state to Africa, for chrissakes, and send $10 billion of American taxpayer money there to help with AIDS. He spent way too much time kowtowing before the UN before finally invading Iraq. Since and after the invasion, he has put Iraqi civilians and/or Arab public opinion above the lives of our soldiers. (Witness the retreat from Fallujah last spring, to take just one example.) He thinks diplomacy and negotiations are somehow going to prevent the fanatical theocrats running Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

I'm not saying Kerry is any better, and he is certainly further to the left than Bush. But the only way in which Bush is "right wing" is in his religion-inspired statist positions, typically associated with the "religious right," but having nothing to do with a "right" that believes in capitalism and individual rights.

Yet Kerry is so bad, and fighting the Islamist threat against Western civilization is so important, that damn if I might actually vote for Bush.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:39 PM

What part of San Diego you live in? Santee? El Cajon?

craig
Old 10-14-2004, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the above poster that i am more for not bush than for kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might enjoy this website: http://www.kerryhatersforkerry.com

It's pretty funny.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot this one: http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbuti...himanyway.com/