Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Progress Posting

On or about September 29, 2004, my online bankroll reached its nadir (of nadirs) -- from $3500 to less than $88 (which I know, because I couldn't multi-table four $20+2s). Now, the 'bankroll' is much healthier ('bankroll', in quotes, because I could put in more if I had to). The cause of the improvement, as others suggested, was not multi-tabling anything higher than $30+3s, and focusing on single-tabling $50+5s. At one point, I vowed to not go above one $50+5 at a time until hitting $2000. Progress towards that is good -- one more $50+5 win (with no losses) and I'm over the top.

I'm mostly posting so that I have something to look back at -- like my prior post, "Why am I such an idiot?" -- and judge my future performance against. If I'm at $0 in two weeks, well, that means something. And if I'm at $4,000, well, perhaps that means something too.

I am curious, though, to hear anyone's recommendations on next steps. Continue at $50+5 to see if past performance is, in fact, indicative of future success? Try jumping back up to $100+9s? Try multi-tabling again (perhaps at the $30+3 tables, or maybe even at the $50+5s)? My main goals are (1) to become a better player, (2) to make money, and (3) to determine what an ultimate sustainable earn rate is (and, specifically, if it is $125/hour or higher). Any and all commentary appreciated