Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 10:52 PM

Default A hand against stupidsucker I don\'t like

Stupidsucker (button) had stolen my blinds too often, and I put him on a weak ace. I still dont like my play though as I really didn't like the folding equity the remainder of my stack gave me - I did however remember stupidsucker raising then then folding to a reraise all in getting ~2-1.

Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed)

Button (t2684)
SB (t3434)
Hero (t1882)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Button raises to t1000</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t600.

Flop: (t2200) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t882 (All-In)</font>

-SmileyEH
Old 10-13-2004, 10:54 PM

Default Re: A hand against stupidsucker I don\'t like

I don't know if stop and go is the right play here. I think all-in here.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:55 PM

why didnt you push preflop?
Old 10-13-2004, 10:57 PM

Because I have no folding equity and I think I can make him fold a hand like Ax here, or a smaller pp.

-SmileyEH
Old 10-13-2004, 11:14 PM

Against a player like stupidsucker, I think this is the best of several options I don't like. Tough situation.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stupidsucker (button) had stolen my blinds too often, and I put him on a weak ace. I still dont like my play though as I really didn't like the folding equity the remainder of my stack gave me - I did however remember stupidsucker raising then then folding to a reraise all in getting ~2-1.

Thoughts?

Button (t2684)
SB (t3434)
Hero (t1882)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop: (t2200) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like your play. if i can get criticized for raising with A Jo and A J-suited all-in and get labeled LAG, you can get criticized for raising 53% of your stack with K Q-suited...then going all-in on a rainbow flop with two cards to a flush (may not even be the nuts), an unmade King-high, and barely a straight draw. you're right to not like this play.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

Button (t2684)
SB (t3434)
Hero (t1882)

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely not meant to be offensive Smiley, but you really cannot become a successful poker player if you continue to think like this.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 AM

Default VILLAN!!

I was wondering if you were going to mention our butting of heads hehe.

Here we are 5 handed I think and I just now notice the moniker SmileyEH1. I say to him "Smiley I think I know you"

Surprised at how, he inquires. I say 2+2 and we exchange some poker banter.

I had been stealing a lot. As I recall I had a lot of good hands, and I knew one of my opponents was tight, and I am fairly sure he knows I am not going to push with absolute crap. For the most part I had been pushing every hand(I think, I am looking up the exact HH as I type.) I was dealt the hand in question on the button first to act. I felt I could widdle the hero down a little more and force him to push in with lesser hands soon. My hand wasnt very good to push all in I thought because I didnt like the big stack calling me. I decided to mix it up a little and bet 1000. My gameplan was to fold to a bigstack reraise but I will call if the small stack pushes.

He threw me for a loop when he coldcalled the bet instead. My gameplan switched to needing to hit a good flop to bet or call anything. I thought he might be holding a monster.

Your play was perfect agaisnt the hand I was holding. You were a huge favorite as my hand was Qxs(I'll keep the x a secret to add to my mystique)

Now here are the hands I pushed with prior to this hand.

BB 300 3handed
Starting with stacks of
Me 3284
Thirdman 2234
Smiley 2482

K2o I fold to a push
76o I fold to the BB
A5o I push first in
QJo I fold to a push
A8o I push from the SB

BB goes up to 400
Stacks are

95o fold
22 fold to a push
K3o I fold from SB

Qxs Hand in question I raise it to 1k

Did I push too much? Play too loosely?

Btw incase you didnt stick around to see the HU, I was able to gain the chip lead, then lost it, then I lost with AK to A4 to a runner runner wheel. I wanted it to be a 2+2 victory!
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 AM

Default Re: VILLAN!!

Thanks for replying stupidsucker - I really though you were stronger than Qxs but weak enough you could fold a naked ace on the flop or something like that.

I would probably play the hands you listed the same way, although for the Qxs hand I would push if it was QJs and fold otherwise.

We should have Definetely gone HU for the finish if it weren't for my AA going down in flames to the other guys 55. He made it to first going in dominated twice! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It was a lot of fun playing with you - although I'll be sure not to ever again [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

-SmileyEH
Old 10-14-2004, 02:24 AM

Uh, Des,

He called 600, having already posted 400 blind. At no point did he raise, or have anything close to 53% of his stack have anything to do with the situation.

I'm sorry I missed your AJ thread. link?

As far as this play, it's a pretty standard stop and go I think. I personally think this is pretty much the perfect time for it. Opponenet is highly likely to have missed, you've got outs if called, you might have the best hand, and you probably had 0 folding equity preflop. Ni han.

citanul