Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Fun Game for Us to Play

I want to make this interesting. This is a hand I saw (may or may not have been a part of it, I will reveal later) at a PP $5 SNG. Everyone is your standards Party SNG moron, so raises don't really mean much of anything. I am hiding the hero's hand, so I would like everyone to guess what hero, BB, and CO have, or should have to make such moves.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">Hero (t1470)</font>
<font color="C00000">BB (t2105)</font>
UTG (t1290)
MP (t595)
<font color="C00000">CO (t1480)</font>
Button (t1060)

Preflop: Hero is SB with ???, ???.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t50, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t100</font>, CO calls t50, Hero calls t50.

Flop: (t300) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets t50</font>, CO calls t50, Hero calls t50.

Turn: (t450) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets t50</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to t100</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1320 (All-In)</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t1955 (All-In)</font>, CO calls t1230 (All-In).

River: (t5055) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5055
<font color="green">Main Pot: t4410 (t4410), between Hero, BB and CO.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t20 (t20), between BB and CO.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 3: t625 (t625), returned to BB.</font>
Old 10-11-2004, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Fun Game for Us to Play

Please don't refer to your opponents as morons...

(ReeRee's is OK though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 10-11-2004, 06:52 PM

How is the BB betting 50 on the Turn if the BB is t50? Shouldn't the min bet bet 100?

That aside, here are my guesses.

Hero has A4 or A5 with the Ac.
BB has 99 or 88, possible a pp &gt;10
CO has Tx (x &lt; 7) and took it down.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:41 PM

It is no limit. There is not a "big bet," per se, but a minimum bet. Interesting guesses though. Why would the Hero in this instance push on a single club flush draw, when it appears that the CO has a T (flat call flop bet, then min raise to keep the Hero in) and won't fold. If the Hero had the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], you would think he/she would want to see the river cheaply if he hits his hand.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:55 PM

ok here goes, im prolly way off but heres what i think they (should) have:

CO Ax clubs (made hand on turn)
BB Pocket 3's or 2's
Hero AT or KT

Jim [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2004, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is no limit. There is not a "big bet," per se, but a minimum bet. Interesting guesses though. Why would the Hero in this instance push on a single club flush draw, when it appears that the CO has a T (flat call flop bet, then min raise to keep the Hero in) and won't fold. If the Hero had the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], you would think he/she would want to see the river cheaply if he hits his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

By BB I mean “big blind”, not “big bet”. I guess it was confusing to use the same acronym for the forced bet and for the player making the forced bet. (Hmm… I don’t think I made it much clearer with that last sentence lol.) Anyway, the min bet on the turn (and river) has been twice the big blind in every no-limit game I've played. Isn't that standard?

As for the guesses, you called your opponents “morons”, and left some doubt as to whether hero was you (or a friend) or an opponent, so I put him in the same category (actually slightly higher). I assumed hero wasn’t thinking much about what COs flat call and min raise might mean. I saw his all-in raise as a semi-bluff with outs to the nut flush and a (weak) straight. BB (the person) I just assumed was a fish who thinks all pocket pairs are golden and figures no-one could have a ten if he can see two of them. I could conceivably also put him on any two overcards to the flop. CO was the hard one. If he has a ten, why not protect against the flush? …… hmmm…. Having a change of opinion now.

Maybe hero has KcTs and is hoping the As isn’t out. BB has it though, with another ace (was trying to trap) or a K-J (playing weakly). CO has a made low flush, maybe with the 4c5c for a straight flush draw?

How many guesses do I get? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2004, 08:16 PM

min bet is always 1x the BB in NL.... you obviously dont play much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-11-2004, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO Ax clubs (made hand on turn)
BB Pocket 3's or 2's
Hero AT or KT

[/ QUOTE ]

These are my guesses, although I would put the CO on the naked Ten and the Hero on the flush.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
min bet is always 1x the BB in NL.... you obviously dont play much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I don't. I only have 80 SNGs logged at PokerRoom, but there the min bet on the turn and river is 2x BB. I'll have to check out some other sites.

(Of course, I usually either win the pot on or before the flop or fold, so I could be mistaken lol)
Old 10-11-2004, 11:27 PM

Ok, interesting thoughts. I was more looking for analysis here, but since no one knows the hands it makes it hard. Let's move this to the next level of discussion.

Here are the hands, not assigned to people:
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Here are the next to things we should discuss:
1) Who has what
1a) Given what they have, who played poorly, and if so, how should they have gone about the hand?