Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 09:54 PM

Default (NLHE SnG\'s) You are tight/weak to tight/aggressive

(Cross-posted to Poker Theory Forum)

And your opponents know this. Flops seen percentage in the mid-teens. Is is theoretically correct to lower your opening standards knowing that they know this, or stick to your personal formula? Assume correct losening of starting hands as the blinds increase/people get knocked out.

My name is codewarrior, and I approved this post, even though I'm a guppie anymore... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Re: (NLHE SnG\'s) You are tight/weak to tight/aggressive

If the table viewed me as a tight player and I was certain they respected my raises, I would probably try to steal more often (pre-flop and flop) with trash that I could easily throw away rather than get involved with chip-bleeder hands like A6. It seems to me, your opponents will likely call you with good cards because they think that is what you are playing, therefore loosening your starting hand requirements in hands that you actually intend to showdown would not be proffitable. Also, if they see you raising with Baby Aces and small suited connectors a few times, you will lose that tight image. My two cents...