Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 07:06 PM

Default All This Talk About Guns.....

You guys are a bad influence. After the thread about guns I realized I had not bought anything after the rancid AW ban sunsetted. So I just had to be the first one on my block to get a post-ban Glock 17. New ones have the "tactical" rails where I can hang a flashlight or laser sight or whatever. Has the new finger grooves. But yes kids, they are again shipping 17 round mags. Got two in the box and backordered a couple. The fit in my baby glock I got when you could only get 10 rounders anyway.

Got it a few days ago. Shot it yesterday along with the baby glock. Both rliable. New one was excellent. I was rusty and slapped and jerked the trigger and anticipated recoil. Got better after some practice. Might just learn to really control the trigger on the reset during recoil.

Zeno's .45 may be cool, but mine holds 2X more. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Re: All This Talk About Guns.....

ah nothing says self defense like 17 rounds fired from a glock with a laser sight.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:59 PM

You won't catch me with a laser sight. Until they try to ban them at least. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously. The day you see me with a laser sight I will buy you a bottle of your choice up to something like bookers or macallan cask strength. No louis xiii, but any quality spirit less than 100 in todays dollars.

If you are implying that a 17 round mag isn't for self defense, I'd just point out any pistol is not an offensive weapon no matter how many rounds it holds. They are too dinky to be an offensive weapon. The fact that thugs use them against the unarmed during crimes makes squeamish people like my good friend sarah brady think they are offensive weapons tho. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I know I don't need one. But ban it and see how fast I want one. I am a little contrarian. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2004, 08:02 PM

the nice part of having 18 rounds is if you run into multiple thugs or just one behind something. after firing about 12 or so shots they are in the next county. running for dear life. poor zeno would be fiddling with his short stubby rounds trying to reload.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:13 PM

did you get the attachment for shooting down police helicopters?

Old 10-11-2004, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Zeno's .45 may be cool, but mine holds 2X more. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

More than 2X, but just by one.

And yes, my Springfield 1911 A1 is cool. But I may have to get another handgun. I'm thinking a .357 mag. The 45 has good knock down power but with a .357 mag you can start punching bullets through walls, steel doors, moving vehicles, etc.

Glad you purchased another gun and I know you will enjoy it. Our society just became a little more safe.

-Zeno
Old 10-11-2004, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
poor zeno would be fiddling with his short stubby rounds trying to reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite, Mr. Zee. I have two 8 round wilson mags and always have my 45 in a canvas holster that has a special holder for the extra magazine. So I have 16 rounds to work with. The switch out takes about 5 seconds or so. Anyway, I hit what I aim at so most of the time 8 rounds will be plenty. Anyway, with HDPM getting a new gun and me with secure steady work again, I think I will have to shop around and get another handgun but I may purchase a rifle first (I do not have a rifle [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]), especially with the silly AW ban bitting the dust.

I want to get something with a 30 round magazine so I can beat HDPM and his little pop gun with 17 rounds. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Zeno
Old 10-11-2004, 01:04 AM

Sorry, I just might have a 40 round 7.62 X 39 mag laying around - might have beat you to it. The point is not to get even, it is to get ahead. Because somebody will always have more. But you can always have more than you had before. Get as many prizes as you can, as fast as you can. GL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Re: P.S.

When I got the glock the salesman tried to get me to buy a coupla shotguns. One was a beautiful merckel sisde by side with two triggers. A nice old style bird gun. But the 5K price tag was too much for something I don't really want. And it would only be shot once, that being the once when HDPW shoots me for buying it. But the other thing was a useful defense shotgun. Benelli semi auto. Kerry wants to ban them. Light, handy, peep sights, fastest semi auto action around. You need one. Really bad. Less than a G-note too. Hurry up, they might sell out. I am coveting one and know I wont buy one. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2004, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is not to get even, it is to get ahead. Because somebody will always have more. But you can always have more than you had before. Get as many prizes as you can, as fast as you can. GL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, thats why I like the FN P90. It has a 50 round mag.
I think I shall use them the way I use beer.... one for each arm.
What do you think? Safety first, off course.

Do you think Ray Zee's blood is boiling right about now?